Topic: Break

Directory Link

Break

Youtube link

This is my entry to the Summer BiM Contest. Thanks to my voice actors - Jake Aldwin and Dylan Johnson.

Re: Break

Raytistic wrote:

Break

Youtube link

This is my entry to the Summer BiM Contest. Thanks to my voice actors - Jake Aldwin and Dylan Johnson.

Great job. While the animation is good, the lighting and set design are what really shine here. The sets were skillfully crafted, and all the thing you had going on in the background were great. The lighting was excellent, and that beach scene was just so good. Good luck in the contest.

For all your BrothersWaughStudios needs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIGzi … pAKtshbTbQ

This may be very short, but the in camera effects are really well done. Although the blue light of the c920 is a little distracting in the first shot, I like how the camera slowly pulls back

Spoiler (click to read)

,revealing the set in both scenes.

Overall, a very nice looking short, which played on the Movie Magic Theme nicely mini/smile

One of my very favorites from this contest. Everything about it is perfect. It's a great interpretation of the theme, and the payoff is hilarious, the voice acting really sells the gag and makes it seem

Spoiler (click to read)

like perhaps it could keep cutting to infinite scenes within scenes

I didn't mind the blue light, I actually thought it was JJ Abrams style lens flare, so it added to the effect!

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Thanks, all of you!

This was a really solid short. It seemed like you took the "movie magic" theme more literally than we intended, but you did get some novel technical elements in with the glass (plastic?) panel rain. Your sets and backdrops were awesome, and both of the shots were very convincing. Most of the judges appreciated this movie on its own merits; I think the most common issue folks had that resulted its final placement was that it just didn't seem very ambitious for a summer contest. I'm not an advocate for inflating the length of films, and what you have here is concise and tightly wound, but I do think you probably could have stretched this idea further and made something a little bit deeper with a higher payoff. I hope you don't feel too discouraged by your placement; you were up against some tough competition. My takeaway suggestion would be that sometimes it's good to take a hard look at a good idea and ask "how can I make this even better"? There's always room for improvement.

Still, this was a great gag film and you should be proud of it. Thanks for entering the contest!

Thank you for the helping criticism; it always helps me to get better. I understand that my entry was way to short to get a higher ranking, and I appreciate your effort in hosting this contest!

Great video! Short but very rich in content! mini/smile