Topic: Adobe After Effects

Okay so i have heard only the best about Adobe After Effects
But IS it worth the money
Because Mindgame uses #7 and I found it for around 250$
I then found CS4 for around 350$
Is there a way to do the things that it does without the software or should i just save up for CS4 or #7
-Mutuceba

Re: Adobe After Effects

There are replacements for After Effects. You can use Final Cut or Motion. But that's even more expensive. ($1300). Although it's REALLY worth the money.
After Effects is a great program for video, sound and also good ol' pictures. If you want the newest, you can buy CS4 (Where did you find it for 350 bucks? isn't that the update version?). But the requirements for CS4 are also higher.
It's mostly based on your budget and computer which one you should buy.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Donsalvatore wrote:

There are replacements for After Effects. You can use Final Cut or Motion. But that's even more expensive. ($1300). Although it's REALLY worth the money.
After Effects is a great program for video, sound and also good ol' pictures. If you want the newest, you can buy CS4 (Where did you find it for 350 bucks? isn't that the update version?). But the requirements for CS4 are also higher.

-Donsalvatore

what exacly is after effects? i have it on my computer because my dad got me the Adobe Creative Suite for my vday, but ive never used it

It's a really powerful editing program

Someone bought you the creative suite and you don't know what after effects is? pff

If you can't afford after effects, try the fx home range at http://fxhome.com/

Phizzle wrote:

It's a really powerful editing program

No it's a special effects program.

_2014

mackmoron11 wrote:
Donsalvatore wrote:

-Donsalvatore

what exacly is after effects? i have it on my computer because my dad got me the Adobe Creative Suite for my vday, but ive never used it

mini/eek

mini/jaw mini/jaw
Only the most awesome video effects program EVAH!

Remember that this program is hard, and not for the guys who are hunting for presets. You need to LEARN how to use it.
If you just want a button that says: FIRE, or RAIN, than go for FXHome.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

If any of you are familiar with the childrens programme "Blues Clues" on Nickelodean cable network, that was edited entirely on Adobe After effects.

It combines live video with animation. The animation is done using After Effects.

It is a professional studio quality piece of kit.  The only thing I would say is make sure you have a large hires monitor before buying it. The interface is very busy with lots of sliders, timelines and dropdowns.

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com

martinprice2004 wrote:

If any of you are familiar with the childrens programme "Blues Clues" on Nickelodean cable network, that was edited entirely on Adobe After effects.

It combines live video with animation. The animation is done using After Effects.

It is a professional studio quality piece of kit.  The only thing I would say is make sure you have a large hires monitor before buying it. The interface is very busy with lots of sliders, timelines and dropdowns.

that sounds great.i may do a movie like that sometime

martinprice2004 wrote:

Familiar with it?? I was a ULTIMATE fan of it when I was 3-5.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

After Effects rocks. Period.

http://thebuttonfilm.com/

What can Dragon Stop Motion Do cause PatrickBoivin On Youtube uses it and his videos are phenomenal or does he use smething else as well

I completed a cut out animation using after affects. I used holiday snaps for the characters and also one I had drawn myself. It turned out quite good. It uses timelines and keyframes to move objects. Characters can be created by joining separate sections using "pins" to attach them together. If you use photoshop this is an advantage as you can export whole layered characters you have built up. When you drag the body, it drags arms and legs, which is handy. Adobe also uses plug ins, so you can download more and get virtually any effect you want.

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com

If you're prepared to invest time into teaching yourself how to use After Effects and exploring the program it's well worth it.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I did.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Mutuceba wrote:

What can Dragon Stop Motion Do cause PatrickBoivin On Youtube uses it and his videos are phenomenal or does he use smething else as well

dragon stop motion is just a stop motion program, and he uses after effects for all his editing.

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

I'm not sure I'd survive making any film without After Effects. Some aspects of it may be rather advanced, but in general I think it's very easy to use, and shouldn't be hard if you have any experience with something like Photoshop.

All right I think i will get it soon thank you