Topic: Bricks In Motion members

DISCLAIMER: Please do not be offended if you find your name anywhere in this post.

Hello. I've been here for some time, since around when this site was founded. I've always stayed active, and love how the site is coming along! Its funny, pushing aside the fancy T-Shirts and Film Directory; thinking back to when we were a Blog and a Refugee camp. Ahh, nostalgia...

But, BiM would be nothing without the members who make it.

The members help make the site better; when the site is better, the community grows. It's an endless cycle or growth, all turning out for the better.

And, we've been getting more members than ever over the past few months, to name a few:
- Brickfilx
- livinglego
- Phizzle
- Mutuceba
- FLIPaBRIK
(again, you're not a newbie if you're on the list, just naming the most active new members over the past few months)

Its great to have new members, and help build the BiM community!

However, I have also noticed that many of our older members, or even some more recent ones who were very active are often nowhere to be seen. Included in the "M.I.A." list could be
- EmmaExecute
- DarkBrick
- Sparks Flying
- plus more that I can't think of off hand
(again, I have nothing against you if you are on the above list, you're just a few of the people who haven't been seen in around a while)

A bunch of the people who have been inactive, on my short list or not, may even pop in and give the odd post. But there has been a general drop in the older members' activity.

Now, I don't think it's necessary to come out with new updates and features to keep members. We're already doing that by default, the shirts, the directory, the (soon) chat, etc...

I think the problem is that people haven't brickfilmed in a while, so they lack a reason to visit this site. There are a number of steps we could take to promote brickfilming, including Contests, special notation for top films, special events such as "team up with a beginner", or "make a tutorial".

But before we take action, we should take things one step at a time. What is your opinion on this post, and this thought in general?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Re: Bricks In Motion members

Well, there is a lot of new content in the pipeline, it's going to take time to implement all the ideas we have.  The major event for now is STAR, but we're planning to start having regular content updates fairly soon as well, and are pursuing several ideas in our plans for promoting BricksInMotion.

This is the internet, so people coming and going is pretty common, at present I think we're probably gaining members more quickly than we're losing them, but BiM isn't yet up to the level of popularity Brickfilms achieved in its heyday.  Little things like getting backlinks on other sites to get the word out about BiM will boost our audience and search rankings, so we've been working on those areas lately.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

(Also the past month or so has been like an exam period and everyone will be revising and what not)

-EmmaExecute

I think she said in a post that she's going on holiday or something.

I demand being listed as "counsellor" and "jester".

I second that notion

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

I think that it's only natural that people will eventually become bored with this site and brickfilming in general. Special events and contests aren't going to keep them here. Sometimes they lose interest, sometimes events happen in real life that are more important than brickfilming. I don't think it's because of a lack of events here.

well, yeah. I mean, after three hours or so, that's when it seems that there's three people on the site that are registered.
EDIT: whoa, I just saw that my name's on the most active newbies. but, I'm not really 'new' any more...

I'm always here. I think I'm here at least 7-10 hours a day. That maybe a little exaggerated though.

Interests change, especially at the young age that most of our members are. I'm a member of at least three other forums, but I haven't posted in any of them in years. It's only natural that there's going to be a rather large turnover, and no amount of contests and community projects is going to be able to fight that. We just need to provide the best possible site, and welcome and support whoever is here.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

iDroid wrote:

I'm always here. I think I'm here at least 7-10 hours a day. That maybe a little exaggerated though.

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

For some reason I still post here despite losing interest in Brickfilming a couple of years back...

I must just <3 you guys.

MB wrote:

I must just <3 you guys.

LEt's make sweet love mini/eek

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Even if I lost interest in Brickfilming, I'd probably still hang around here. I'd probably still watch some of the new films, and post in the Coffee Shop.

However, I must say that this site is more interesting when more interesting films are being posted.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Dude, we have other things to do then go on forums. I know I was gone for 3 months, but I'm back now. Many people have lots of things to do besides brickfilming, and they will come back in time.

livinglego wrote:

well, yeah. I mean, after three hours or so, that's when it seems that there's three people on the site that are registered.
EDIT: whoa, I just saw that my name's on the most active newbies. but, I'm not really 'new' any more...

Yes you are mini/tongue  The site has only been up 6 months, so we're all new.

I don't feel new, Stevie, I am member eight out of six-hundred-seventy-one. Hmm. Now I feel really old.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I agree with LittleBr- Graeme Allen. There are those who everyone has known for years, like Nathan Wells, MindGame, etc.

I've been an active member of the community since before Blunty and Revmen.  Muahahaha.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

No one cares about Blunty. So your post is half meaningful.