Topic: Loneliness

Directory Link

Loneliness

Youtube

EPILEPSY WARNING -- Content is not suitable for a young audience

A man finds himself alone. What to do?

Skrins Animations - on You]Tube].

Re: Loneliness

I was just wondering - why did you make this?
--
I especially liked the rooftop scene mini/smile although the way he was shaking was a bit weird.

Last edited by raytistic (January 4, 2018 (09:50am))

I would ask the same question as Raytistic. I don't think this kind of content should be in a Brickfilm or in any film for that matter. I encourage you to still Brickfilm cause your pretty good. But this kind of content will always be inappropriate in any medium.

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

I thought we were over the idea that brickfilming is less valid and should be restricted as a storytelling medium. I enjoyed this film and liked that it portrayed the type of common but unspoken thoughts and feelings that are rarely explored in brickfilming. I also liked the close-ups with the out-of-focus traffic whizzing by; the colours looked quite nice (though I can understand the epilepsy warning).

I thought you did a very good job on cinematography and animation. I don't see the need of that sex scene in the brickfilm,. The rest of the film was quite well made and the story was quite interesting. Other than that one part I enjoyed the film. Sorry if my first comment was rude.

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (January 4, 2018 (01:43pm))

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

To Raytistic : It's an interesting question ! First, this brickfilm was made to show one of my creations to a larger (?) audience. Second, the goal was to make a little brickfilm based on a small set (this can be seen through the scene in the house). Third, I made this brickfilm to try something new in terms of photography. Finally, it's obviously a brickfilm made to show the feeling of loneliness, more precisely the feeling of being alone in a big city. (--> the "atomicity")

To BlackSmithFilms : I think the sex scene was needed to show how the main character was not behaving like before (when he was not single).
No problem ! And thank you for your comment.

To Penta : Thank you !! mini/smile

Skrins Animations - on You]Tube].

Penta wrote:

I thought we were over the idea that brickfilming is less valid and should be restricted as a storytelling medium.

my thoughts exactly. mini/yes