Topic: But You Can't Do That!

Directory Link

But You Can't Do That!

YouTube

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag30/mightywanderer/title%20card2_zpsv4tif1km.png

Finally got around to finishing this up! Big thanks to Sonjira for his voice acting skills and Dyland for scoring. ^~^

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (June 19, 2017 (01:01pm))

Re: But You Can't Do That!

The animation is absolutely delightful.  I felt the joke was a bit simplistic and repetitive perhaps, and was kind of lacking a punchline, but everything else was wonderfully done and more than makes up for it.  Excellent work!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:

The animation is absolutely delightful.  I felt the joke was a bit simplistic and repetitive perhaps, and was kind of lacking a punchline, but everything else was wonderfully done and more than makes up for it.  Excellent work!

What he said. mini/wink

Hmm I concur, it was not that much plot wise but the animations were impeccaple mini/eek

Dude, as far as animation goes, I think this is your Magnum Opus (subtle reference?). I can't pick anything out because it was all so deliciously cartoony and absurd. I'm kind of neutral on the joke, but I'll be watching this repeatedly for that animation. mini/eek

This is fabulous. I love the camera movements that follow the characters actions–really great stuff! I might just have to build the camera rig you've got.

Thanks for the comments, guys! mini/bigsmile

Mr Vertigo wrote:

and @the other joke comments - I agree, it's not an amazing one, but I was mostly making this to practice my bouncy animation. mini/tongue

Willow Tree wrote:

I might just have to build the camera rig you've got.

I really love the design; I'm glad I ran across it years ago. I would totally recommend trying it out!

backyardlegos wrote:

Dude, as far as animation goes, I think this is your Magnum Opus (subtle reference?). I can't pick anything out because it was all so deliciously cartoony and absurd.

Hehe
Thanks! mini/bigsmile

Everything is animated so wonderfully. Wow. The camera, the bouncy character animation, the coin, the pocket, the paper... I could go on. Also, the non-animation of kicking the door open is hilarious. Great job to Dyland on the soundtrack, too!

Classic! nicely Done. How do u make the camera movements so smooth?? Do u have like a flexible tripod?!??

You made an awesome movie... but you can't do thaatttt!!!!!

seriously, though. This is beautiful. Kudos to Sonjira for his beautiful voice as well. And yours. And every beautiful thing about this beautiful movie. Beautiful.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

kristo499 wrote:

Classic! nicely Done. How do u make the camera movements so smooth?? Do u have like a flexible tripod?!??

It's all done by hand with my camera rig, which you can see a breakdown of here. Thanks!

Thank you all for the responses! I had a lot of fun animating this (lots of last minute/spur of the moment bits that I really like mini/tongue ).