Topic: Script Help

I need help laying out and creating scripts. Right now I am using Celtx, which works pretty well but I've only made 1 script before and it wasn't the greatest. If you guys have any old scripts from films you already made, then I guess it would be helpful for me.

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

Re: Script Help

Err, anyone got any old scripts that they can post here so I can learn? mini/smile

Use http://www.imsdb.com/ for help on layout of scripts. It's website with scripts from pretty much every movie.

BTW, Notepad is actually great for making scripts, there's no layout.

Doesn't work for me. Anyone else open it?

www.dailyscript.com

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Knight Time

Characters:        Fred and George (Medieval knights)
Fred and George are talking during a lunch break.  A Medieval battle goes on all around them while they sit and have a conversation and eat their sandwiches.

George:     Mid-thirties. Not so bright.  Black hair and a small mustache.  Gruff, low voice but he’s a nice bloke.  He likes to talk a lot.  Hasn’t been a soldier for that long.
Fred:    Early forties.  Smarter than George.  Good fighter. 
Act I
Noises of battle going on all around them – loud groans, sounds of sword fighting, men being stabbed, charging armies etc.etc.
George:    Oooh, lovely - sardines.  I love sardines. 
Fred:    Crikey, that was a low blow.  If I was Reg I’d give him a swift kick in the shins for pulling that one – cor, I thought there was supposed to be rules about using your spear like that!
George:    The thing I like best about sardines is the eyes.  Those tiny little fish eyes staring up at you.  ‘Course, I’m not much for the bones, but you can’t do much about that.
Fred:    Oy, Ref. Ref. What d’you call that????  That’s bleedin’ illegal that.  You can’t spear someone like that – they outlawed that at Agincourt they did. 
George:    ‘Ere, ‘ve you got any of that lovely lemonade you had yesterday?  That was lovely that.  Really refreshing.
Fred:    Wot?  What are you on about?  Lemonade?  Blimey, can’t you see our side’s getting obliterated out there.  I dunno.  We probably shouldn’t have had that disco last night.  Everyone’s off their game.  Look at Harold, what does he think he’s doing out there.  Looks like a bleedin’ great pansy waving his sword around like that.   He’s a gonner for sure.  And where’s the rotten archers when you need ‘em?  Eh?  Nowhere.  Longbowmen my bottom.  All gone for pizza, that’s where they are.  Never trust a bloke with an arrow I always say.  Oh no, here come the ladders.  That means we’re going to have to get the boiling oil.  I hate the sodding boiling oil.  It makes such a mess of your armour.  I dunno what warfare’s coming to these days.  Isn’t what it used to be.   
Got any more sandwiches?
George:    No more sardine, but I’ve got jam?  It’s that mulberry jam Marion made last spring – she likes to put a little treat in my lunch on big battle days. 
They eat quietly for a moment, while the sounds of battle continue around them.

George:    ‘Ere.  ‘Ve you heard about this little French girl that hears voices telling her to clobber the English? 
Fred:    Yeah.  Read all about her in the Castle Gazette.  Apparently she see a light and then the voice tells her to get on a horse and lead an army.  Dotty as a doughnut she is.  Takes allsorts I suppose.  Can’t imagine my Emily doing that.  The only voices she hears are the ones calling her for supper – I swear that girl spends more time eating than anything else.  Hil says she’s growing.  That’s what I’m worried about.  This jam’s lovely.  Does she stew the mulberry’s first do you know?  Hil’s jam always has bits of skin in it.  Course I can’t say anything – Blimey!  One stroke and his head’s gone.  That’s awful that is.   
George:     That reminds me, must go to the ironmonger tonight and get my sword sharpened – it’s that dull – hardly stabs a tomato never mind a frog!  Ginger beer?
Fred:    Don’t mind if I do.  Thanks very much.   
    Right, well.  That’s our 20 minutes I reckon.  Back to the grind I suppose.  Don’t forget your mugs.   
Mark and Spencer start climbing the ladder up to the wall.

George:    Hello lads.  Nice fighting out there.  Very impressive.  We’ve been keeping the wall nice and warm for you.  Have a nice lunch.

Mark and Spencer mumble hello.

The end.

this is my script for a film I'm working on.
I hope it helps.

Lol, that sounds great splodge.