Topic: Computer Problems.

I woke up ''24/4'' and started my computer (As i normally do) and it started as it allways do.
I took home to Guss Griswold and started my computer again, it started again normal, but some hour's later, the screen got black! mini/sad
Then blue with a lot of letter's on ''Kllq8864....jdjkk....Crashing test dump...007897.
Kind'a that.
Then it shut down.
some minuters later, i tryed to start it again and it started normally.
Now the screen is starting to phase out and sometime's it wont start!
I need help, here! mini/sad
-JackpodyDK 1/6

Re: Computer Problems.

could it be a virus?

You Tube, http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxVegasProductions
"I spend my time hunched over in my room taking thousands of pictures of a children's toy in 1 millimeter increments to create the illusion of movement. Pretty sexy huh?" -Gojira

Try doing a system restore to a time when your computer worked properly.

No, i already checked that. mini/sad

Intermittent crashes could be any of the following.

Overheating - If its a desktop take off side cover and see if the Processor fan is spinning. If its a laptop.listen..does the fan ever come on?
Hard Drive full - Sometimes causes random blow outs.
Laptop power supply - may be faulty. This results in the computer starting sometimes, then failing when its at high load. Desktops can do this also.

Hardware faults generally mean the computer wont POST (power on self test) . If you can get to the bios screen and see all the hard drives and memory settings, hardware is generally ok, so look for software problems. If it doesnt POST in a stable manner it is generally hardware related.

Free Animation Software at www.HeliumFrog.com

Try hooking up the hard drive to another machine (as if it were external), and booting that one up. You can check out if anything software related is messed up. Hey, I invented computer Jump-Starting!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

JackpodyDK wrote:

I woke up ''24/4'' and started my computer (As i normally do) and it started as it allways do.
I took home to Guss Griswold and started my computer again, it started again normal, but some hour's later, the screen got black! mini/sad
Then blue with a lot of letter's on ''Kllq8864....jdjkk....Crashing test dump...007897.
Kind'a that.
Then it shut down.
some minuters later, i tryed to start it again and it started normally.
Now the screen is starting to phase out and sometime's it wont start!
I need help, here! mini/sad
-JackpodyDK 1/6

try restarting it a time or two. you have the "Blue screen of death"(yes this s correct termonolegy).this is a windows only problem.also, make sure to shut down ur computer at night at least twice a week.and be sure to install ALL of the latest microsoft updates

Yes, you did in fact get a BSoD. From past expirence, it's most likely bad hardware. I had a bad floppy drive, and it kept doing exactly what you described, running normally, screen going black, and then a BSoD.

As the weather is getting hotter due to Summer, and if you are an enclosed poorly ventilated room, it may well be your PC becoming overheated.

Install this free bit of software called SpeedFan

It will show you all the temperatures and fan speeds inside your PC and tell you if it is becoming too hot.

Also if you have never done any maintenance on it then there may be a build up of dust inside which will also greatly increase overheating.

Si665 wrote:

As the weather is getting hotter due to Summer, and if you are an enclosed poorly ventilated room, it may well be your PC becoming overheated.

Install this free bit of software called SpeedFan

It will show you all the temperatures and fan speeds inside your PC and tell you if it is becoming too hot.

Also if you have never done any maintenance on it then there may be a build up of dust inside which will also greatly increase overheating.

Actually, i putted a Therometre in it, and it sayed ''74C'' Normally for a a new Laptop as mine would have ''82C'' So it cant be overheated mini/sad
Well, i got it to reperation and it's a hardware Problem, so it cant be fixed mini/sad
I must just live with some Blackout's sometimes.
(It is very annoying if you're working on a Brickfilm mini/XD
-JackpodyDK

Hardware problems can be fixed. What part of the computer is broken?

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Donsalvatore wrote:

Hardware problems can be fixed. What part of the computer is broken?

-Donsalvatore

Drive E Has a Problem that causes Blackout's.
And i actually looked how much space ther' where back... Only 20GB........?
Well, i think that isnt the Problem but i might make it Bigger...
-JackpodyDK

That's an HDD? You can buy a new HDD.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

What OS is it and what model is it?

http://www.bestbrickstudios.net/images/banner003.png

is this a store bought computer IE bought from Dell or Gateway or a store such as Best Buy? because if it was then your best bet is to take it to them and let them figure it out. Not being able to see what your "blue screen of death" said its too hard to diagnose over the internet... my thoughts are the RAM. thats usually the problem, either that or the chipset on your motherboard.
mackmoron11 - "blue screen of death" is NOT a technical term. the actual technical term is a "Windows Stop Error"

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I do not think that a HDD is causing a windows stop error unless it is your drive to which windows has been installed and the drive now has bad sectors.

~Casey

Cwr, Its probably out of Warranty. The words "like I always do" hinted it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

It made ''The Blue Screen of Death'' for a couple of minutes ago...
Well, it's in the Group called ''Super Computer's'', That mean's it has to have more then GeForce 9500 (Mine one have GeForce 9700, So that cant be the problem.
It has 1120GB Hardisk, So that cant be the Problem, So it Must be the ''Blue Screen of Death''.
-JackpodyDK