Topic: Removing Black Bars From Image in Post

After my last session of animation, I noticed that the images had these horizontal black bars across the images.  I think these occur when I lower the light settings on my Logitech 9000, and a thread on this forum seemed to confirm that.  I was wondering if there was anyway to fix this in post, even if it means doctoring each individual frame.  Thanks

Re: Removing Black Bars From Image in Post

In short, not really. Sorry.

In theory, you could manually fix the lighting in each frame, for each bar, in something like Photoshop/GIMP/After Effects, but the amount of work to even get that to a decent state would be enormous. It's kinda hard to notice in a single frame, and only really shows up in a moving clip. So getting each frame to match the others perfectly would be rough. Practically, I do not recall hearing any workable solutions. You could experiment with an anti-flicker something, but again, it may or may not help.

For a shot like this, with a still camera, I guess you could take a single frame as a background image, then mask out everything but Catwoman from the running footage. The black bars should go unnoticed when they are just on her. However, it seems that somewhere the camera and/or set got bumped a teeny-tiny bit, so that might be more difficult now. Plus, unless you got a more expensive video program, you're going to have to mask frame by frame in a photo editor, which is the very definition of boring and tedious.

Re: Removing Black Bars From Image in Post

Thank you for the response Pritchard.  I did try END Film's light flicker removal, and it worked a little bit. 

Unfortunately, I think I will just have to keep it as I am trying to finish this for the Rebrick contest.