Topic: Cukrkandl

Directory Link

Cukrkandl

youtube

What has the pigeon seen in the forest? A study focused mainly on working with forced perspective, animating animals, and story-telling by a kid. English subtitles available.

Re: Cukrkandl

Nice! I really liked the sets especially the forest ones. They really looked nice, like they were actually in a forest! The building of the creatures looked nice and some of the forced prospective shots looked nice to. But some of the other forced prospective shots looked off, like I didn't know if the animals were supposed to be really big or not, I would suggest maybe moving the big things closer to the camera and the miniatures farther away so that it doesn't look like its all on the same plate. Maybe you could look at shots where forced prospective really works and study them.

But over all a very cool video! And I enjoyed watching it!

Keep up the good work
OsomStudios

Last edited by osomstudios (November 28, 2016 (02:26pm))

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Re: Cukrkandl

Hi - thank you for your observations - they agree with my feelings about the final thing. I think the scene where I failed in particular was the squirrel encounter. I thought I would place the squirrel closer to the camera, but then I found out I have to place it further into the scene in order to avoid collisions with the moving camera on the track and also to make it possible to see the whole creature (seeing only the face or a portion of the body did not work) till it ended up on the same plane with the kids. At the same time I also wanted it make it look like that the audience notices the squirrel either prior to the kids or at least not later than kids (so that it looks like the audience is noticing the kids through the observations by the forest animal). Either way, now I know I cannot have the off-scale features (in this case the kids and the squirrel) on the same plane - it does not work, as you pointed out. Now I think it really looks like the squirrel must be some giant - or we can just say it is an enchanted forest with magical creatures and it is all right mini/wink.