Topic: Rate films with half stars

It just occurred to me that when Bim does eventually get updated, if the rating system should go through some modifications? When you think about it, rating a movie a 5/5 is exactly the same as rating a movie a 10/10, and on websites like Letterboxed you can also use half stars. If I love a film, but still notice too many flaws for it to be given a 5, I'll usually consider it a 4.5/5, which is equal to a 9/10, but on BIM, I have to chose between a 4 or 5.This is by no means anything that needs urgent modifications, but what do you think about this idea? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Another issue I find with the rating system is that you can easily press the wrong number by mistake. I once gave a brickfilm a 1 when I meant to give it a 3, so I had to get a mod to change it for me. Should we be able to edit our ratings, in case of mistakes like this?

Last edited by William Osborne (September 19, 2016 (05:09am))

Re: Rate films with half stars

It would be a handy feature, although I haven't rate any films yet, but using Half stars instead of 10 stars is easier. mini/XD 
In math they're equal, but when you want to rate, it is easier to rate 4,5 than 9! Certainly, it's related to psychology but anyways, it's a good idea!

Re: Rate films with half stars

That's a good idea. I would like the re-rating thing to happen.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.