Topic: The Help! thread.

Instead of having tons of: HELPZ MY CAMERA/SOFTWARE thing IZANT WRKIN!! this will be the help thread
RULES!: before a new question can be posted the previous question MUST be answered!

Okay first one: Will a QC4000 work with iStopmotion using maccam?

Last edited by Dyelon (December 26, 2008 (10:13pm))

Changed my siggy.

Re: The Help! thread.

I suggest you remove the caps... 

As far as the QC4K, you're good.  If you have the right drivers, which I'm not sure it needs to begin with, you'll be able to use it with iStop, probably without Maccam.  Mac is plug and play.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

OK cool, thank you mini/smile

Changed my siggy.

I just got the quickcam 9000 and should I capture pictures with the software it comes with or a program like Monkeyjam.

Call me stu.

kastilo wrote:

I just got the quickcam 9000 and should I capture pictures with the software it comes with or a program like Monkeyjam.

Monkeyjam is commonly known for better quality, I use it.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Monkeyjam is defenitly the way to go.

I got my macbook, and when I save /export my movie as a ".mov", YT (which SUCKS!) wouldn't upload it. Help?

Last edited by Aaron (December 27, 2008 (09:33am))

Aaron wrote:

I got my macbook, and when I save /export my movie as a ".mov", YT (which SUCKS!) wouldn't upload it. Help?

Okay if you are using iMovie to edit your film the tool bar up top will say: Share :  click on it then on the quicktime thing and select the quality you want, It will then convert it and you will be able to upload it

Changed my siggy.

~~DOUBLE POST~~
I have another question: when I hooked up my QC4K to my mac mini using maccam and frame capture software Frame by Frame with good quality, But when I hooked up my QC4K to my dads macbook air using iStopmotion the quality was turdish. anyway To make the quality go up?

Changed my siggy.

You may have to change the settings, as it may not recognize the settings on other computers...?

My question, is kind of harder to answer, but try and help me. mini/tongue

Firstly, let me say this. I am extremely unlucky with gadgets.
My computer's charger stopped working, it broke. I can't find another charger that will work anywhere. It's an old HP laptop(from 2005 I think) running Windows XP.
3 years before 2005, I once said I'd like a PC because I could play games. I was young, and naive. So... on Christmas day(2005), I got a PC. I thought it was kind of cool... Until late 2007. I kept getting errors and stuff in programs. The funny thing is... I didn't play as many games as I'd thought I'd will.
Later on, I realized how awesome Macs are. Especially since I got into movie-making in 2007.

(Blah, blah, blah; trying to get to the actual question. mini/tongue )
Early December(this year), my dad said he supports my want to film-make. He then said he'd get me a 3CCD
professional camera. He asked about my computer. I said it isn't working. He said "Let me fix it," . . .
Computer is still not working. I'm trying to not say "But I don't like that computer, I'd like a Mac." If I said that to him, he'd get mad.

Today, I dropped my photography camera, it stopped working. The lens is messed up.

Finally my question is, what on earth am I going to?
My brother has a MacBook, he only uses it for web browsing. He's never touched anything else of the Mac.
I'll try and convince him to lend me it for when I need it, but I'm not sure he'll bite.

Sorry for the VERY long post. mini/sad

Last edited by Timothy R (December 28, 2008 (10:09pm))

I have another question:

Just a few days ago, I coukdn't get my QC to work. BertL told me to get macam, and then my camera was working mini/smile but then, just now, when I opened iStopMotion, it stopped working. I tried switching the camera, but it didn't have it on the list. WARNING: If you don't help within the next hour, my sister is gonna kill me for not animating, she thinks that she's the boss. mini/sad SO HELP OR I DIE.

maybe your sister hopes for you to do good in life, and is encouraging you to do the best you can. Luckily I don't have a sister! mini/tongue

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

The point is, my camera won't freaking work.

Powershot a620 Remote Capture]

OK, so I am considering buying a Powershot a620 from eBay, but I am not sure if it is possible to remote capture without the software that normally comes with the camera, shown here: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_rev … 0_pg6.html. Would I be able to remote capture using CSMC or PS remote, without having the software that is normally included with the Powershot, or do I need some kind of specific driver or app in order to enable remote capture? If someone could give me some inside on this, i would be very appreciative. Thanks!

Last edited by kevin66655 (December 30, 2008 (10:58am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/klbrickmations/Banners/bobobobo.png

REMEMBER QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED!!!
(sorry about all caps)

~Kevin66655~ If you lookup that model on the canon website it will almost definitly tell you wether i can use remote capture
~Aaron~ When you downloaded maccam did you drag the componet into the folder on the right if not, Its not going to work with any other applications.
~Timothy~ if he is a younger brother just put him in a head lock until he starts to yell, then demand to use the mac book<> if he is your older brother ask VERY VERY nicely

QUESTION!!
Im thinking about getting a miniDV cam for brickfilming, any suggestions?

Last edited by Dyelon (December 29, 2008 (09:02pm))

Changed my siggy.

I'm sorry, maybe I miss worded my question. I know that in fact it does support remote capture, but the one I am looking at on Ebay does not come with the standard cds and drivers, which normally comes with the retail version of it. So my real question is, is there a way I could get the drivers or whatever components I need to support remote capture off the internet, or will the remote capture function work if I just plug in my camera to my computer and use a remote capture utility like CSMC ?

I apologize for bothering you, but I really appreciate the help! Thanks again!

Kevin, When I hooked up my camera it went to the EOS thing or whatever and the options were right there so I think over the internet you can get the stuff you need. I hope this helped mini/smile

Changed my siggy.

Thanks so much! That is exactly the answer I was looking for! I guess when I need some help I know who to call lol. Thanks!

ugh... ANOTHER problem. I just need help with titles in iMovie, though mini/smile

Aaron, depending on witch iMovie you have the answer will be different. Go to the apple site it will show you how (i would tell you now but im busy editing my new movie)

Changed my siggy.