Topic: Star Wars Inquisition: The Purge

Directory Link

Star Wars Inquisition: The Purge

Youtube

Greatly weakened, the Jedi hide themselves from the Empire's countless legions and their enforcer, Darth Vader who will stop at nothing to hunt them all down across the galaxy.

I hope you like it and feel free to watch previous episodes and let me know what cha all think in the comments!

May the Force be with you! mini/smile

Re: Star Wars Inquisition: The Purge

I really enjoyed the story. The animation was pretty good, albeit a little slow at times. The light flickering got in the way of things a little bit, too. That being said, this is still great! mini/smile

UnknownBrick Films wrote:

I really enjoyed the story. The animation was pretty good, albeit a little slow at times. The light flickering got in the way of things a little bit, too. That being said, this is still great! mini/smile

Thank you! I am Glad you enjoyed it.
I'm working on fixing the light flickers, it's weird since if I put my hand in front of the camera and take it away it actually fixes it somewhat but I'm looking for a better solution.
Thanks for your review! mini/smile

The post-ep.III period is maybe the one I enjoy most, and this was a great story from that view. A great explanation to why the inquisitors exist. While Animation wasn't that perfect, this felt a star wars story, except for the blatant non-john williams score. Also, there was something wrong with the audio, like if you recorded everything (including soundFX) with a low quality mic. What made me get a 4/5 rating was the great ending shot with Obi-Wan, it made me go all fanboy!

Last edited by LegoStudiosP (June 26, 2016 (07:04am))

LegoStudiosP wrote:

The post-ep.III period is maybe the one I enjoy most, and this was a great story from that view. A great explanation to why the inquisitors exist. While Animation wasn't that perfect, this felt a star wars story, except for the blatant non-john williams score. Also, there was something wrong with the audio, like if you recorded everything (including soundFX) with a low quality mic. What made me get a 4/5 rating was the great ending shot with Obi-Wan, it made me go all fanboy!

I agree that period does have potential to spawn many stories and I'm glad you liked my story.
As for the music, I understand what you mean. I was trying to experiment with mixing the John Williams score with royalty free music. After having one of my most popular videos was blocked because of copyrighted music and I hope that never happens again.
About the sound, I didn't notice anything wrong with it but I will look into so that future projects don't have this issue.
Thanks for watching and commenting! mini/smile

I saw this when you just released it, but I must have forgotten to post feedback.

The animation is pretty good - somewhat jerky, but overall pretty well done. As others have said, the sound was the biggest problem with the film, however I personally didn't have any problem with the way you edited the music, I thought it sounded fine. Any faults this film had, whether it be the sound or the animation didn't distract from the incredibly engaging and intriguing story. I really enjoyed this, it was brilliant.

P.S., one other thing I thought I might add - Although I liked the final scene with the camera lowering down on Obi Wan, I thought it would have been that much better if you lowered the camera a little more. As it was, Obi Wan was at the very bottom of the final frame, whilst the majority of the frame was just sky. I always notice that sort of thing because I used to make that mistake a lot with my earlier films.

William Osborne wrote:

I saw this when you just released it, but I must have forgotten to post feedback.

The animation is pretty good - somewhat jerky, but overall pretty well done. As others have said, the sound was the biggest problem with the film, however I personally didn't have any problem with the way you edited the music, I thought it sounded fine. Any faults this film had, whether it be the sound or the animation didn't distract from the incredibly engaging and intriguing story. I really enjoyed this, it was brilliant.

P.S., one other thing I thought I might add - Although I liked the final scene with the camera lowering down on Obi Wan, I thought it would have been that much better if you lowered the camera a little more. As it was, Obi Wan was at the very bottom of the final frame, whilst the majority of the frame was just sky. I always notice that sort of thing because I used to make that mistake a lot with my earlier films.

Seems that something went wrong with the sound either during or after the editing phase, I will make sure to hopefully not have that issue come up again in future films. I am very glad you enjoyed it overall even with its faults which I plan to improve on.
About the final scene, I do see what you mean about having the camera go lower would have been probably better though I'll admit that one of the reasons I didn't was I didn't want to show the rest of the set as I was trying to make it look like a large desert area.
Anyway thanks for your input.  mini/smile

Great work! The animation, story, vfx and sound were all well put together so well done on it!

If I have any criticisms, it would be to try to reduce the light reflections on the walls of some of your sets as well as ease in and out more of shots like when Obi Wan used the force to break that pillar thingy so it's faster when it's falling.

Regardless of these minor problems, i loved it! mini/smile

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/sig.png

Entirely_Creative wrote:

Great work! The animation, story, vfx and sound were all well put together so well done on it!

If I have any criticisms, it would be to try to reduce the light reflections on the walls of some of your sets as well as ease in and out more of shots like when Obi Wan used the force to break that pillar thingy so it's faster when it's falling.

Regardless of these minor problems, i loved it! mini/smile

Yeah the reflectiveness of Lego bricks is a tricky thing to work around but I will try to. Hmm I see that sounds like a good idea.

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for checking it out. mini/smile