Topic: Cave Chaos Production log

Some of you here on bricksinmotion have heard about a few of my plans for a new animation I am making. It is going to be called Cave Chaos I decided I would do a log similar to my other production logs I have made. Here is my current position on my film:

Cave Chaos (Post-Production)

I will show some sneak peek photos of this animation and I hope you will enjoy. Also, I highly appreciate comments on some of the photos I post. I really like feedback. Thanks. mini/wink

Last edited by Raptor Studios (June 18, 2016 (10:01am))

Re: Cave Chaos Production log

Day: 1

Today, I took a couple of practice shots with the animation set I had created. I thought I would try to get used to the idea of a walk sequence of characters with non-posable legs.  Here is a image that possibly might be in one of my scenes:

http://i.imgur.com/c5UtCm1.jpg

Wow I really like the lighting in that shot. Great job. Looking forward to this.  mini/wink

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Day: 2
Today, I started working on scene one. I had a little difficulty setting up the glowing crystal effect, but I managed to get it to work. Here is a frame from scene 1:
http://i.imgur.com/LtJvonJ.jpg
Wait a minute, whats that in the background?

Day: 3

Today, I didn't do any filming, but I did work on set design for scene 2. Everything is going smoothly. mini/smile

Day: 4

Today, I did some more set design and I think I am ready to start filming again. mini/smile

Day: 5

I started filming scene two today. I am not sure if I am happy with it, so I am considering re-doing the first chunk of scene two. I don't have much else to bring up, and I am still figuring out the release date right now.

I recommend you re-do the scene. I have had lots of experience with just leaving in scenes of lesser quality in my films. It definitely will hurt your film as a whole. But at the end of the day it's your judgement as to whether or not the scene is truly satisfying to you.

Thanks for the advice! I think you are right on this one. mini/wink Thanks for the help!

Day: 6
I decided to get some more animating done today. I am still working on scene two. Things seem to be going better after I redid the first half of the scene. mini/smile

Awesome! Glad the advice helped. mini/smile

Day: 7
No filming today, but I did do some planning on the shots for scene 3.

Day: 8
Today was a little bit disappointing. I ended up deleting most of scene two because of issues with the camera getting bumped too much and my running sequence not looking very good. This time I tightened my camera and did some adjusting. I began on filming on scene 2 once more. mini/smile

Day:9
I am now back into it! After a couple of days of procrastinating, I have begun work on cave chaos once more and I feel pretty good about it. I mostly just worked on some basic shots from scene two, and they seem to be going well.

Day: 10

Wow, I have been slacking! I decided to stop putting it off as I want to finish it before BRAWL. Today, I finished scene 2 and I feel so much better about it than before. Thanks again Brick Block! Scene three is much shorter than the first two scenes, so I should be done with production momentarily. mini/bigsmile

Nice definitely looking forward to this!

Day: 11
I completed scene three! Production is now complete. I am now in the process of editing. I am very happy with the results from production.

Day: 12 Release Day!
I have finished post-production and now have posted it on bricksinmotion. Please let me know what you think of it! mini/bigsmile