Topic: Angry Birds Movie

What's your opinion on the upcoming movie? Do you think it will work, or will it be a box office bomb? I would probably say it will be the latter, because games rarely translate well on the big screen.

Re: Angry Birds Movie

I think it will bomb, and it should, but I may take my younger son since he loves Angry Birds & it could be a good first movie experience.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

I can't really predict what will happen to it, but I like the characters more when they have no arms and legs. That's just my opinion.

People still care about Angry Birds?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I don't know. Maybe.

I like that we're getting more animated adaptions of video games, and the animation I've seen is at the very least bright and colorful enough to attract attention. I don't think it's going to bomb, but I'm not gonna say it will be a success, either.

Critically, I'm not expecting it to do well, but it may not be as excruciating to sit through as most other video game adaptions.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Raptor, I agree about better without arms or ligs/ lie Veggie Tales.

Mr. Vertigo: no, people don't care about Angry Birds these days

I much prefer the original Angry Birds cartoon series, which is traditionally animated (or made to look like it is, using Flash), and I also prefer the characters being mute (like Tom & Jerry).

They're making it too late. That game was popular 4 years ago.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I think that might be one of the biggest problems this movie might face. Angry Birds isn't as big as it used to be. With this and the other upcoming Emoji Movie by the same Studio, they're both coming out a few years too late, and I've even heard rumors that if these two movies are not successful, the studio could possibly go bankrupt.

I see no possible way you could make a film about emojis.

William Osborne wrote:

Emoji Movie ... they're both coming out a few years too late...

While Emojis are more relevant now than they ever have been, an Emoji Movie is never a good idea.

However, on the topic of the Angry Birds movie, I guess it's not that bad. It's kinda dumb, but it's just a typical Hollywood story packed into a pre-existing theme.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Are you kidding?  An Emoji movie?  That goes to show you that Hollywood is out of ideas for movies.  It's a call for help.

They have been out of ideas for awhile. They keep endlessly rebooting and making sequels to movies that came out 20 years ago.

The problem is that they still tend to throw too much money at it.

If they spend $100 million making the film then it'll be a massive bomb because I doubt it'll take that much in.

If they made it for a few million, say 5 - 10, then it'd stand a pretty good chance of making its money back between domestic and overseas ticket sales plus merchandise. Studios try too hard to make every film a mega blockbuster that brings in hundreds of millions. Need to start with a good story, maybe even some interesting characters too.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

The animation looks really nice and the colors are vivid, but, from what we've seen of the trailers, the plot could really only shine in maybe a ten minute short.

Practically all Hollywood does these days is copy itself or other people.
It's a good thing there are still niche film communities like this one to churn out quality movies. mini/smile

Last edited by Undershadow (May 2, 2016 (05:00am))

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

Undershadow Productions wrote:

The animation looks really nice and the colors are vivid, but, from what we've seen of the trailers, the plot could really only shine in maybe a ten minute short.

Practically all Hollywood does these days is copy itself or other people.
It's a good thing there are still niche film communities like this one to churn out quality movies. mini/smile

I agree with Undershadow, but Star Wars 7 was another sequel to the original trilogy, and I think it turned out very well.

Raptor Studios wrote:

I agree with Undershadow, but Star Wars 7 was another sequel to the original trilogy, and I think it turned out very well.

I didn't necessarily mean that all sequels are bad, but, often, Hollywood sees a good movie and tries to milk it for more money, destroying the story.
Just look at the Ice Age Saga!

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

Very well put, Undershadow.

Undershadow Productions wrote:
Raptor Studios wrote:

I didn't necessarily mean that all sequels are bad, but, often, Hollywood sees a good movie and tries to milk it for more money, destroying the story.
Just look at the Ice Age Saga!

Sorry, I said the wrong words. You are right about ice age.

The Ice Age franchise is the perfect example of a movie franchise that is milked down, with each movie getting increasingly weaker and weaker. I think the Despicable Me franchise has gone the same route too. Usually, they start off with humble beginnings, telling a concept that is unique and can impress adults as it does children, but when they become successful, they start to care less about the quality of the story than money. The movie franchise will literally turn into a brand, making as much profit with merchandising as with the movies themselves. To them, it doesn't matter if they no longer have the critical success, because they have the financial success.

Angry Birds movie might go one way or another - either they will have the financial success of merchandising and the children that will want to see it, or because Angry Birds is getting dated, they may not have the same success as they would have had a couple of years ago, and thus make a big loss.