Topic: Time Wars Series

The year is 2052, humanity has finally discovered how to time travel and has begun expieriments on changing the past. Many events have been avoided but at what cost? Preventing the assassination of Kennedy really protect our nation most youthful leaders? What happens when these three men return from the past?

So my story idea is on how if we had the ability to travel through time could we have prevented catistropic events like the holocaust or even assassinating Hitler? It simply is a series about the consiquenses of their actions.

So do you think anyone could pull it off?

No signatures larger than 400x by 100px, thanks.

Re: Time Wars Series

Scene One

Characters: Ken, Bill, Steve, and Scientist

*Ken, Bill, and steve walk into a large room with a garage door over an arch. There are several wiring mechanisms hooked up the arch*

Bill: Woah...

Steve: Where are we?

Ken: I don't.....I don't know...

Scientist: Greetings! Welcome Soldiers of Fortune! This is my lab, where I have been able to Time Travel through the gate behind this door.

Bill: That's Bull

Steve: Yeah, seriously...

Scientist: No really, I can. Watch *hits a lever and the portal begins to glow*

Bill: Woah!

Steve: Never mind.

Ken: *Shakes his head*

Scientist: The Government as sent you hear to help me take down some of the worlds greatest threats. People such as Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussien, and also dramaticlly effect wars that could not have been prevented.

Ken: Seriously? Well...what's our first assignment?

Scientist: To see if this is possible, you will go back and assassinate, Lee Harvey Oswald, one day before the assassination?

Bill: Eh, umm...But there are therioes that someone on the grassy-nole killed him...just saying.

Scientist: Well we'll kill that gunman if there is one!

Steve: *Chuckles*

Scientist: Now, everyone grab your weapons and lets go!

*Steve, Ken, and Bill  grab their gear and head to the portal*

Scientist: On my mark...I'll send you data on your targets loction once you've arrived...GO!

*They dart into the portal and are trasnported to 1969*

So this is far as I got...Do you like it???

sounds awesome! mini/bigsmile

You Tube, http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxVegasProductions
"I spend my time hunched over in my room taking thousands of pictures of a children's toy in 1 millimeter increments to create the illusion of movement. Pretty sexy huh?" -Gojira

Why assassinate the assassin, rather than just arresting him or something?  Also I think it's worth noting that, due to the butterfly effect, eliminating someone like Hitler would have such a massive influence on history from that point on that any assignments on people after that might be negated -- as in, without WWII the history of middle-eastern countries might even have been different enough that Saddam Hussein would not have come to power.  A lot of people died in or were greatly affected by WWII, if they had lived some of them would have had offspring, and possibly married people so as to prevent other people from even being born.

IMO focusing on changing one even from history and the consequences of doing so might be an interesting way to go at it.  For example, if the characters prevented Hitler from coming to power, some interesting scenarios could arise.  Instead, the tension between Germany and much of the rest of Europe could continue to build as technology improves, until a new Hitler-esque dictator comes to power and works to restore Germany to greatness.  In such a timeline, nuclear technologies could be more abundant (with WW2 beginning in the 50s or 60s) and as a result WW2 could be a massive, nuclear war that pushes the entire planet into nuclear winter.

Just a thought, that actually would be a really ambitious movie idea, but you get the idea.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

The movies about the changes it will have on the future. Like if you kill hitler russia might invade europe.

the reason they want to kill the assasin is if they just throw him in jail, he could break out, and still kill the president. and killing him is a hell lot more easier too.

Sméagol wrote:

I think it's worth noting that, due to the butterfly effect, eliminating someone like Hitler would have such a massive influence on history from that point

You obviously haven't heard of parallel universes.

I have, but there was no mention of traveling to a different part of the multiverse so I assumed we were working in a single timeline.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Well, time isn't easy to understand. It's sort of a wibbly-wobbly thing.

This map will help un-confuse you.
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/fruitperson/MapOfNowhere.jpg
Thats liek where skulleh and tack wnt omg!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Sméagol wrote:

Why assassinate the assassin, rather than just arresting him or something?  Also I think it's worth noting that, due to the butterfly effect, eliminating someone like Hitler would have such a massive influence on history from that point on that any assignments on people after that might be negated -- as in, without WWII the history of middle-eastern countries might even have been different enough that Saddam Hussein would not have come to power.  A lot of people died in or were greatly affected by WWII, if they had lived some of them would have had offspring, and possibly married people so as to prevent other people from even being born.

Plus, WWII created lots of technological marvels. Without WWII, things like jets, rockets, computers, and atomic energy would not exist until much later.
The Great Depression was like the Middle/Dark Ages, with WWII being the Crusades that eventually brought us into the Renaissance of the '50s, '60s, '70s, and '80s.

This is exacly how the Red Alert timeline goes...

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Sméagol wrote:

IMO focusing on changing one even from history and the consequences of doing so might be an interesting way to go at it.  For example, if the characters prevented Hitler from coming to power, some interesting scenarios could arise.  Instead, the tension between Germany and much of the rest of Europe could continue to build as technology improves, until a new Hitler-esque dictator comes to power and works to restore Germany to greatness.  In such a timeline, nuclear technologies could be more abundant (with WW2 beginning in the 50s or 60s) and as a result WW2 could be a massive, nuclear war that pushes the entire planet into nuclear winter.

Just a thought, that actually would be a really ambitious movie idea, but you get the idea.

he has a point.even something as seemingly ok as letting a local from the past see a modern car could alow their creation many years earlyer, and then the world would be even more polluted than it is now, again you get the idea

I think for this to work you would have to take quite a few miracle exceptions. The first being you create a time machine that can travel to times previous to it's activation. The second, that the only paradoxes that exist are the ones you want to exist. In reality there are far to many complications to time travel for us to understand it completely. As Bert pointed out, the Many Worlds interpretation is an idea created to resolve time travel paradoxes (You kill your grandfather before your father's conception, how then were you born to then go back in time and kill him?) by offering time as a type of branching limb. In the MWI were you to kill your grandfather, it would create a parallel universe in which you are never born. You however exist in one where you did not kill him and were born. When you travel back nothing will have changed because everything you did is now part of a different reality. Without this theory, which makes changing your own reality difficult, you have all kinds of paradoxes like the Grandfather/Grandson one. In the end, you'll just have to make the viewer suspend disbelief and go with what you want to unfold, and make it logical in the world you create. Remember, these Lego men don't have to abide by our laws of physics, so do what you want, justify it, and make it entertaining. It's really all you can do. Most of all, have fun! It's your film, do what you would want to see, it's what film makers have been doing since the creation of cinema!
Good luck.