Topic: Canon T5/i vs anything above and a few off the wall questions

I have been eyeing this Canon T5 bundle on Amazon for the past few weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T … s=Canon+T5

At 529 dollars, 4 lenses, some filters, tripods, a bag and some other fun stuff it seems like a really good deal, and appears to be sold from Canon.

on the flipside, there is a very similar kit for the T5i for only a few dollars more.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T … =Canon+T5i

If I am just looking to take still photographs for stop motion (I have a GoPro 4 Hero Silver for video) is there any reason to go more powerful than either of these? I am certainly looking for solid quality, and if it means spending a few hundred more dollars to buy a T6/T6i bundle I would definitely consider that.

The noticeable difference I see is that the T6i offers more MegaPixels (but when rendering it down to 1080p video I hear the MP don't matter so much).

The software I will be utilizing will likely be Dragonframe, so I need to make sure the live view works (but it seems like it does for most Rebel T+ models.

Some of my questions and concerns
Why would/should I invest in the T6i over the T5i for still photographs (mostly stop motion, but I also just like to take pictures in general at conventions, or just going out to see the sights)? What would you invest in, and why?

I've heard having a manual focus is a bad thing. I'm a bit of a noob to DSLR and I see that all the cameras above offer an Auto Focus, but they dont mention a Manual Focus. Should I be looking at entirely different cameras for a manual focus?

Lenses - This one is my biggest concern. I see that the bundles all offer some pretty cool lenses for use. On average, what are the common lenses used to shoot brickfilms?

Multi-Camera Shooting - I'm not talking about using 3 Rebel T5s, or 6 GoPro 4's, but lets say that I wanted to shoot some cool scenes utilizing my different cameras, would this cause flicker / image quality issues / make the film look weird if I were to shoot some pictures with a DSLR, GoPro and my Logitech C920? I feel like this is a weird question, but if everything ends up being 1080p, it just made me question it. Not to mention, I think it could be fun to utilize the cameras in such a way, if it doesn't actually mess up the film. Or is it just better to shoot on 1 type of camera for the whole film your shooting?

I apologize if my questions have been answered previously, but I do want to say thanks in advance for those who are able to offer any assistance mini/smile

Re: Canon T5/i vs anything above and a few off the wall questions

I would suggest staying away from bundles like the ones you linked; they are not sold by Canon. Most of the stuff in those bundles is super low quality junk used to swindle inexperienced buyers. When it comes to cameras I would suggest sticking with reputable retailers such as BandH. When it comes to stop motion you really can't go wrong; any camera is going to do everything you need it too, and all Canon DSLRs are fully supported by Dragonframe (if the new ones aren't yet, they will be very soon). As far as the kit lens goes I know myself and a lot of other brickfilmers had light flicker problems with the older Canon kit lenses, but from what I've heard, people seem to be doing just fine with the new ones, so the build quality must have increased. If you're really serious about animation you'll want to look into manual lenses, but from what I can tell the kit lens will be fine to start out.

Moving onto stills photography, which camera you choose really just depends on how much money you have to spend, and what features you can or can't live without. If you want to get into photography, more megapixels is never a bad thing. There's a lot of different features a camera may or may not have; I suggest you look through the different options that are within you price range, and if there's a feature or spec you don't understand, look it up and decide if you need it or not.

As a side note, that telephoto lens offered in a lot of entry level kits, the 75-300 f/4-5.6 III, is a really old piece of technology; I got one kitted with a Rebel series camera in like 2007, and to be honest it's a pretty bad lens. I'd suggest that you hold off on it, even in a bundle. Spend a little time figuring out what kind of photography you like, and then think about what your telephoto needs actually are, and explore your options.

Hopefully this helps, but please, do yourself a favor and stay away from those bundles.
mini/smile

Re: Canon T5/i vs anything above and a few off the wall questions

get the Canon T5 by it's self and put the $150 you save from the kit towards a real tripod or a copy of Dragonframe. Only looks like it has one extra lens which is a cheap telephoto and the rest are low quality adapters, the tripod looks like a $35 - $40 cheep-o model.