Topic: DETEKTIVEd - The Riddle of Stolen Statuette

Directory Link

https://youtu.be/CyXY_hL2Y5I

youtube

priceless statuette got stolen from a museum. The night watch claimed he was handcuffed by a thief....but the guard was lying. How did Ed figure out the guard is lying?

Last edited by ThaukaFilms (April 1, 2016 (03:16pm))

Re: DETEKTIVEd - The Riddle of Stolen Statuette

Nice job! Good puzzle. mini/bigsmile

I think I know!

Spoiler (click to read)

The glass wasn't shot all the way through, and the glass was shattered outside, not inside. That leads me to believe that somehow the glass was broken from the inside, but that' slightly impossible because a statuette can't move. So I'm thinking that someone punched the glass from the outside and took the statue out, scattering the glass on their way out.

I always enjoy your riddle films, the sets are beautiful all the time, and I love the use of Fabuland!

Last edited by rioforce (April 1, 2016 (07:33pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Hello: thank you for your replies. Congratulations for your THACXIII title and those annual awards' nominations, rioforce. Yes, your proposed solution makes sense - but I am sure people can come up with other, equally plausible explanations. I suppose you have seen all episodes that are out there. Is there any you can't figure out?

The other day I watched your removing camera bump tutorial. I was wondering if you mind/register camera bumps while watching videos made by other people. Does it bother/distract you?

ThaukaFilms wrote:

Hello: thank you for your replies. Congratulations for your THACXIII title and those annual awards' nominations, rioforce. Yes, your proposed solution makes sense - but I am sure people can come up with other, equally plausible explanations. I suppose you have seen all episodes that are out there. Is there any you can't figure out?

Thank you for your congratulations! I've seen most of your DETEKTIVEd films, I don't think I've seen all of them yet (I have a few of the older ones to watch). I have my theories on what happened on each one I watch (not that the theories are right haha), but a few of them I've really had a hard time figuring out (which is good, I like riddles).

ThaukaFilms wrote:

The other day I watched your removing camera bump tutorial. I was wondering if you mind/register camera bumps while watching videos made by other people. Does it bother/distract you?

Thanks for watching my tutorial (I'll make an updated version eventually mini/wink )! When I watch videos by other people, I actually usually don't notice the camera and set bumps, unless they are really extreme. I tend to look over them most of the time and enjoy the work for what it is. If I'm deliberately looking for camera and set bumps, I'll probably notice them, especially in my own work, but in others' works, I usually never even notice the bumps.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Good film. Here is my shorty theory:

Spoiler (click to read)

Only one side of the glass was broken and the glass was shattered outward. If someone shot the glass, it should have shattered both sides of the case with the side where the bullet entered shattered inward and the side of exiting shattered outward.

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8