Topic: The Small Nap

Directory Link

The Small Nap

YouTube

A hard boiled PI takes on a case of loss and loneliness. I really wanted to mess around with film noir lighting, so this happened. The astute will have noticed I uploaded a frame from this like 2.5 months ago, before THAC; I've been really busy with my last semester of university.

Re: The Small Nap

I'm really sorry this got lost in the directory. I always enjoy watching your brickfilms mini/smile

You've nailed the noir atmosphere perfectly; the lighting, the camera angles, and the shadows are executed extremely well. And the detective's narration is hilarious. "Her purse was between the couch cushions. It's always in the couch cushions."

I've been waiting for this ever since you posted that frame. Somehow I missed it. D:

It did not disappoint. mini/bigsmile The only thing I would suggest is to either illustrate more of the similes or none. I really loved the flower patch shot, but it felt odd being the only one (the old girlfriend bit did help, but since it was already halfway done it still felt like a change).  Still, fantastic job, and I echo what Willow mentioned. mini/wink

This is great. I love the noir parody, it's all so good. I didn't know what to expect at first, so it was all the better when it got to the middle and ending. I also love the shadow painting, you did an excellent job with the cinematography.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks guys. Mighty Wanderer, I agree with you about the illustrated similes. I didn't come up with the idea until I had already shot the first half of the film, and it didn't occur to me to go back and shoot some from the beginning; which is a bummer because the fat man hovering around a chocolate fountain would have been really fun.

Spoiler (click to read)

A fly was circling around me like a fat man who had given up chocolate for Lent.  Hesitant, but desperately wanting a taste.

Beautiful.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Very nice! It's hard to capture that noir feel with LEGO, but you certainly seem to have accomplished it. The animating was also very and fluid and natural.