Topic: The Painter

Directory Link

The Painter

Link 1

The lego Decorator has come across a little problem with his fence. Will he be able to fix it? Please comment on this film and also please give brick ratings also. I highly appreciate it. Thank you!

Re: The Painter

great job raptor studios! that was funny! you're defininately getting better at animating! keep up the good work!

I liked the way you replaced the bricks to simulate painting, and the background scenery was also nice.  mini/smile
However, the video appears to be slightly stretched horizontally. mini/sad

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

That was cool and funny! mini/lol why don't you have a YouTube channel?

Batmanjpd Entertainment

First of all, Mark nelson movies, my animation was wide like that because I might have messed up, and exported the video incorrectly. When I watch it, it looks fine though.

BatmanJPD, Thank you for watching. I am glad you like it. I have a youtube channel, but it only has one of my films on it.

Hee hee mini/lol  That was pretty funny. Only thing was a little bit of light flicker throughout the film. Just be careful of that and make sure you are using artificial light and that all of your camera settings are set to manual. Cheers! mini/smile

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Thanks, I actually had an even BIGGER light flicker problem than the one you saw. I had to redo the whole film. mini/sad
But I still like the way it turned out. Thank you for watching!

That was funny - nicely animated and well timed sound effects - the light flicker is easily overcome by changing your lighting technique but that's only a minor issue. The idea was great and I like the painting effect created by changing the colour of the bricks - well done!

DNAnimation

I have watched your animations for a while and your walk cycles have a distinct feel to them. Not sure if they're stylised that way, or just unintentionally giving an unnatural feel to it, but I do notice that in you raise the minifig's heel higher when they plant the opposite foot.
(step 5 of Repelling Spider's guide- http://www.bricksinmotion.com/resources/view/260/ )
Also, swinging the arms back and forth would be good as well. It does take more time but definitely worth it.
Other than that, it looks like your improving every time you make another brickfilm.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Thank you for the link Kd2000, but I have one problem with it. I actually use the same walk sequence as the link you gave me at 15fps. mini/sad
I will have to think of a few other ways to fix this problem, because the walk sequence you gave me was the same one I was using already. Any tips on making my walk sequences look less like a robot?

Last edited by Raptor Studios (February 25, 2016 (09:21am))

I am aware that it's the same link I sent the other time RaptorStudios. I'll repeat what I said, which was that the heel was too high in step 5. It should only be that high if a minifig skips over a stud.
You could also try this, which is pretty much the same thing but in a video format. There's plenty of tutorials on YouTube but not all of them are reliable.
One thing you could experiment with, is to have a minifig walk on a flat surface. The base plate are best used for being a foundation of MOC sets. Minifigs are better off without them so they can take steps however large or small you want them to. The way someone walks gives them more life and expresses their emotion better.
To hold them up, use tac. Clay and helping hand rigs work as well but tac is the easier to clean off and move.
Do your best not to show them in your films, but share them in the Wips and Tests forum so it doesn't matter too much if you goof up.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Ok, thanks Kd2000! That should help. mini/delirium