Topic: Separate production logs and production-related threads

I like production logs and update threads, don't get me wrong. I also like to see posts on tips for animation or other production related things, or basically anything that isn't an update thread. So I have a quick suggestion: Create a new section for production logs and move all the update threads to this new section. That way the production forum is not cluttered by update threads.

Re: Separate production logs and production-related threads

Implementing a new section of the site (that is not a forum) that would achieve a similar result to this suggestion is something I'd like to have if/when the site redesign happens.

I'm not crazy about splitting it off into its own forum, though. I guess it feels to me like we have too many forums already, so I'm concerned about dividing it up more and more to where very little is happening in some forums. For instance, it looks like there are currently only four work-in-progress films that have had their production logs updated in the past few weeks. Is that enough to justify devoting a whole forum to them?

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Re: Separate production logs and production-related threads

But all I see when I go to the production forum is update threads, with an occasional "how do I make things fly?" post. Well, since there aren't that many actual Brickfilm related threads (not update threads) that are posted, then I guess it's not really worth it…