Topic: [THAC XIII] Tachyon

Directory Link

Tachyon

YouTube

Tachyon was a film created for BiM's "THAC XIII" (Twenty-Four Hour Animation Contest). The theme was "A Peculiar Event." Everything in the film was created in a 24 hour period.

Last edited by AquaMorph (January 3, 2016 (09:50am))

Re: [THAC XIII] Tachyon

Excellent film, Aqua. It reminded of Hayao Miyazaki's Ohayou.

The tone of the film that you've created with the sets, the lighting, and the music is incredible. I'll be returning to this many times!

Great job, Aqua! I must say, the music was phenomenal. The concept was very interesting, and it worked quite well. The deep focus with the lighting was so pretty. Keep it up!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Very cool conceptually and well shot, I love that 4k. The custom music was cool but at times it hurt my ears, regardless good luck!

I gotta say this is definitely the most interesting out of this year's THAC films IMO. The custom music was phenomenal. I also loved the use of all those monorail track pieces in the set design. Best of luck in the contest!

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

I'm not really sure how I feel about this one. Much of the set building was well conceived, with fairly good results. The custom music seemed alright, but the volume spikes used for tension were far to loud and abrupt, most people I talked to about this admitted to ripping off their headphones. Maybe there was some detail put in that I didn't see, but I couldn't really figure out what your story was. I can gather some ideas from it, but it was confusing. I wish this idea had been developed outside of such a confined contest so you could have worked to push it further and more in depth.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

By far my favorite of the entries this year. The set design and cinematography was simple but effective, the use of overlaying shots was pulled off exceptionally well. It was a very simple story executed in an open-ended and rewarding manner. Best thing about it is definitely the use of sound - and though I can understand why people have been annoyed by the dissonant peak towards the end - that !@#$ gave me goosebumps. Can't recall a single brickfilm ever giving me goosebumps before.

If I have one issue with it it's that I the music during the end credits should've been scrapped. It ruins the mood when that uplifting little ditty follows so quickly after the audiotory climax. Apart from that I loved it.

EDIT: By the way, special shout-out to the person in the YouTube comment section who can't fathom short-haired women. Cool dude.

Last edited by Filip (November 14, 2016 (04:35pm))

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Good animation and set design!  But I really didn't have the slightest idea what was going on.  But I'm not much of one for understanding subtlety usually.

I think that you may have had made some of the volume a bit too loud.  It just makes me turn the sound down on my speakers and then it's hard to hear what's happening next.