Topic: What's in your brickfilming tool box?

What tools or items do you use to help create your brickfilms?   I have putty tack, needle nose pliers, tooth picks, paint brushes for dusting off bricks, scissors, and a flash light for when I drop stuff on the ground and have to look for it. 

What's in your brickfilming tool box?

Re: What's in your brickfilming tool box?

I use tack, putty and I don't know how you feel about doing this, but due to my micro budget, I do improvise a lot when it comes to building my sets. For example, I often mix Lego bricks with Mega Bloks bricks.

Hmm, I use sticky tack, two little brushes, clamps for my sets, just got some lifelites yay! Microfiber for cleaning things like my characters but mostly for cleaning my lens. That's all I have for stuff that help me with brickfilms, not unless your asking what kind of lights and camera's we use. But that's probably for a different thread.

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (October 21, 2015 (09:24pm))

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

rafael9522 wrote:

Hmm, I use sticky tack, two little brushes, clamps for my sets, just got some lifelites yay! Microfiber for cleaning things like my characters but mostly for cleaning my lens. That;s all I have for stuff that help me with brickfilms, not unless your asking what kind of lights and camera's we use. But that's probably for a different thread.

That's exactly what I was asking.  Nice tool box.   mini/smile  I totally forgot the gaff tape that we use for securing our sets.   We also have a Microfiber for cleaning.

I'm pretty much the same as everyone else. I have putty, a few small brushes, toothpicks, tape, and scissors.

I have tac (blue and white), paintbrushes, helping hands (the most useful masking tool ever), a couple different types of flashlights (I guess that's considered to be in my toolbox, I use them for lighting mostly, but sometimes for searching for parts under the table). I don't use needle-nose plyers because they damage LEGO pieces, I always find a way around using them. I also keep a couple 1 pound weights around, but I haven't actually used them in animation yet, but they could be useful for holding down stuff.

I also keep clips around to hang backgrounds (Basically, I hung a posterboard with pushpins on the wall, and I clip my background posterboard to that). Of course, I always keep Sharpie markers, pencils, and rulers around. I also have some plastic-wrap around, but I never use it. I do keep foil and a few 8x10 canvas boards around to use as light reflectors, and they are extremely useful.

I have ton of other stuff, I just cannot recall it all right now.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Well then, I have A Canon 2ti Dlsr and my lights consist of two small house lamps with fluorescent light bulbs and two huge softbox lamps http://www.amazon.com/LimoStudio-Photog … box+lights That covers my lighting, also I have Dragonframe for animation and sony vegas 11 platinum for editing. The lens I have are the MIR-1B 2.8/37mm lens and the Micro-Nikkor 55mm F/2.8, I highly recommend them. I was recommend to them by some great animators, so its not just me who recommends them. That's pretty much all of my gear, at least the stuff I can remember.

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

I use a sturdy adjustable lamp for lighting. My animation software us Zu3D and the webcam doesn't have a name, as it was created especially for it. Each scene I animate I create into separate projects, because a lot of my scenes aren't filmed in the right order. After I convert them all into video files, I put them all together using Windows Live Movie Maker, and convert them into one film.

rioforce wrote:

I have tac (blue and white), paintbrushes, helping hands (the most useful masking tool ever), a couple different types of flashlights (I guess that's considered to be in my toolbox, I use them for lighting mostly, but sometimes for searching for parts under the table). I don't use needle-nose plyers because they damage LEGO pieces, I always find a way around using them. I also keep a couple 1 pound weights around, but I haven't actually used them in animation yet, but they could be useful for holding down stuff.

I also keep clips around to hang backgrounds (Basically, I hung a posterboard with pushpins on the wall, and I clip my background posterboard to that). Of course, I always keep Sharpie markers, pencils, and rulers around. I also have some plastic-wrap around, but I never use it. I do keep foil and a few 8x10 canvas boards around to use as light reflectors, and they are extremely useful.

I have ton of other stuff, I just cannot recall it all right now.

Rioforce, you are quite prepared.  I have a couple of helping hands as well and they are quite useful.  I have noticed some damage (scratching) from the needle-nose pliers, so perhaps plastic pliers would be a great addition to my tool box.  I could use some 1 pound weights too.  I have been using my roles of gaff tape to counter weight and support things.

I use a cardboard lego box and put construction paper over it for background. I also use a laptop, webcam, diffusers made from napkins, and desk lights. mini/smile  Very cheap stuff and works surprisingly well. mini/wink

I have a small booklight for micro lighting, some Tape for fastening sets and some post-it notes for writing down how many frames I need, what movements to do and so on. I also rip off the sticky part on the notes and stick it on the booklight to make the light different colors. I just started doing this with my TCOTY Lives entry mini/smile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.