Topic: What equipment do you have?

Hello! I was wondering what equipment you have because I use very simple and equipment. And I want to get an idea on what it takes to make a great film. Please send me pictures also. That would help a lot. Thank you!  mini/wink

Re: What equipment do you have?

As for useful equipment that would really help your films right now I feel like your best use of money would be a better microphone, my mic setup is pretty weird and overkill for most folks, a lot of people like the Blue Snowball as it give much better quality then a normal headset mic for the reasonable price of $60 (keep in mind it's easy to spend upwards of $300 on mics that you will still need additional specialized hardware just to use) The Snowball just needs an open USB jack.

After sound quality what it takes to make a good film is practice. I could set you down with the gear I've amassed for the last 15 years and it wouldn't really do much to improve you're films if you didn't know how to use the gear. Right now it looks like you could focus on getting flicker free lighting and if you want to acquire more gear a few more lamps and more LEGO bricks is always useful.

Once you feel like you can get even lighting that does not flicker I suggest investing in some black wrap, gaffer tape and some light gels

For perspective a recording setup like this costs more then every piece of equipment I told you to buy combind:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7512/16350912515_cac521b210_z.jpg

Ok. Thank you for the tips, SlothPaladin!  mini/smile   I have heard a lot about the blue snowball, and I plan on buying one, since my sound setup is pretty bad.

Hey SlothPaladin I got the light jells after you suggested them a while back, and man they work great. Thanks for showing off your cool equipment!

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Glad you enjoy the gels rafael9522, I always love to see splashes of color in peoples films.

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Blue Snowball and Blue Snowball iCE? I've had the iCE for about a year now, and the only difference that I've seen is the pricing on Amazon. The iCE costs $50, whereas the regular Snowball costs $60.

Where Creativity Meets Logic.
Youtube]

I don't know the technical difference, but the Snowball is the higher-up model than the iCE. The Snowball has 3 audio settings, changed by a switch on the back, while the iCE only has the one setting it's built on.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b