Topic: Train vs Dino vs Alien

Directory Link

Train vs Dino vs Alien

Youtube

Enjoy!

Re: Train vs Dino vs Alien

This is like no other brickfilm I have ever seen. Having the entire film outside was pretty unique, and I was really surprised that there was no light flicker, especially when you were relying solely on natural light. Amazing work, practically flawless and purely original!

Thank you very much green goblin for your comment!

Great work Calmax!
I remember your video Train vs. Dino and I thought, okay this is a neat idea, but it needs some work.

But Train vs. Dino vs. Alien...
THIS is awesome! I liked how you made use of live action video outside and juxtaposed it with animation that you made on your set inside. It did come at a price though, I could see your lighting set up because of the multiple shadows on your set inside (especially when the alien first boards the train).

The other thing I want to mention is the difference in light between indoors and outdoors. Your out door shots were very bright (obviously because of the sun) and your indoor shots were more dim and had a slight orange tint to them. To truly match the power of the sun with light, it takes a very large and bright light. I understand that you weren't able to duplicate that brightness indoors, but perhaps a bit more color and brightness adjustment in video editing may have minimized that difference, (or perhaps you already did and that's the best result you could get).

Also... I think I know how you managed to get the flying dinosaur to fly, but I'm not positive. How did you do that? It was really well done.

I saw your cuts between shots at 2:07 and 2:09 as well. One more reason working outside is difficult.

What really makes your whole film work so well, is the pace. I loved that your story wasn't overly complicated and most importantly it kept moving. I've watched quite a few brickfilms that linger too long on a plot point instead of moving on. Your film was quite the opposite, it introduced a subject and then added the next piece of story, then added a new piece of information, then a twist, then new information etc. It kept moving and changing, nice work! Also, as I was watching I kept thinking, how on earth are they going to fix this situation? The twist ending was great. Spoiler: I should have seen it coming from having watched your teaser trailer video!] All in all nice work, and I look forward to your next video. mini/smile

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png

Super cool. I look forward to seeing more of your videos in the future

Spoiler (click to read)

provided no dinosaurs interfere...

mini/lol

Now available to score films. https://soundcloud.com/guy-commanderson

"Contrary to the old saying, the trick is not to expect but accept the unexpec..." ~ Rick Rascal

Very enjoyable ! The sense of freedom and creativity non stopped by looking 4 perfection its adorable! Shootin outdoors, indoors, live action, stop motion ,hand move puppets...happy feelings for the audience and for the creator I supose,;)
One question, when minifigs walk over the sand, did you have plates under the sand?
Congrats!
Sorry I can't find the way to vote in the ranking somebody can helpme?:)

plastianimation wrote:

Very enjoyable ! The sense of freedom and creativity non stopped by looking 4 perfection its adorable! Shootin outdoors, indoors, live action, stop motion ,hand move puppets...happy feelings for the audience and for the creator I supose,;)
One question, when minifigs walk over the sand, did you have plates under the sand?
Congrats!
Sorry I can't find the way to vote in the ranking somebody can helpme?:)

Thank you pastianimation for your comment! I use effectualy plates under sand to animate easier.

Nice job with your film!