Topic: Deciding between B&W or Color

I finished the final draft of my script for my first cinematic brickfilm about gangsters and have now begun other areas of pre-production. A casting call has been posted, I am designing the sets and minifigures, but I am having one manor issue I wanted to ask others if they had any input on the matter. I am trying to decide if the movie shall be in Black and White or Color. For one, Black and White will make it easier to build sets with the idea that I don't have to use conventional colors for walls and such and the minifigures can be different flesh colored and it won't matter too much or look bad. However, on the other hand, color can add so much to a scene. However, black and white goes better with my noire style film. What do you guys think?

Don't forget to be awesome.

Re: Deciding between B&W or Color

I think that for this particular film, it would be quite effective if you made it in black and white. I made a brickfilm in black and white, and as you said, you don't have to worry about colours as much, however, if you stack some blue pieces amongst a wall of mostly gray, you will notice a different shade, so take note of that if you plan to animate in black and white. By the way, I look forward to seeing the end result mini/smile

Re: Deciding between B&W or Color

I'd suggest maybe doing some research on why people use black and white and see if it fits what you're going for. I personally like seeing black and white every so often.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...