Topic: Quest for the Framestone

Directory Link

Quest for the Framestone

The Video Link

I have been working on this brickfilm since January 2015, and now it has been released! If you enjoy this film, please share it with others via social media or in real life. Thanks to everyone who helped me out in any way as I was producing this brickfilm!

"It is an axiom that no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To wish to do it is reason enough.” - Aldo Leopold

Re: Quest for the Framestone

I don't know what brickfilm you have been working on, but the links point to some sappy music video. Unless you're some kind of spammer...

I found the actual brickfilm link and have updated the first post. Congrats on finishing a 26 minute film, Sunspace!

Congratulations, it's a good film with great animation and I'll share the link mini/smile

That was excellent! Well done. I love the concept of changing the frame-rate. A classic and truly original. 10/10 I'm subscribing!

mini/smile mini/smile mini/lol

Awesome!  A great balance of animation, cinematography, and story.  This film has the complete package.  A definite classic!

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Sorry I initially posted the wrong link! This is what happens when I try to multitask at 7:30 in the morning! mini/blankexpression

"It is an axiom that no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To wish to do it is reason enough.” - Aldo Leopold

First off, congrats on a 26 minute brickfilm! That in and of it's self is a true accomplishment.

All in all, the quality and humor combine to make this quite an enjoyable film. I'm really quite surprised it hasn't received more attention. The animation and voice acting are both quite good. I also liked the set design: simple but very effective. The idea of an object with the power of controlling the frame rate of individuals was very clever too.

Personally, my only critique would be the lighting. It was by no means bad (better than most brickfilms, really), but I would have liked to have seen it a bit more varied. For instance, when Henry and Tyler were in the temple, The lighting could have been dimmer, with light streaming in through cracks in the ceiling or something, to make it look more like they were in a cave. That's just me being nitpicky though... mini/tongue

Keep up the good work! mini/wink

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Fantastic, Sunspace, I thoroughly enjoyed this film. The timing was perfect, and I was always wanting to know what came next. The jokes and visual humor were perfect. I look forward to seeing your future projects!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Great work!

As has been said, excellent job finishing such a lengthy film. And not just that, but doing so without compromising quality in the least. It's rare to see films this long anyway, but even more so ones that are as entertaining, engaging, and well made.

The power to affect frame rates was a very interesting and original concept, though one that could have been played with just a bit more. The voice acting is good, and the jokes were amusing.

Spoiler (click to read)

Though it seemed odd that they would so casually steal the stone from the inventor guy that found it. I was expecting that to come back and bite them later, even if in an solely comedic way.

I'm glad some others noticed this, I was just about to skip over the thread.
It would have been quite a loss to miss this film.