Topic: What camera should I get?

I started to do stop motion a couple of months ago and have begun to really like it. The problem is that my camera does not let me control many of the setting manually, which causes light flicker. So my question is, what is a good quality camera to get that can me completely controlled manually and is popularly used in stop-motion?

Re: What camera should I get?

I think the Logitech C920 is the ideal webcam, probibly a few other cheaper options which work well too. While many folks use DSLRs I don't feel like they are really worth it unless you are willing to spend around $1000 (camera + all the accessories to make it good for stop motion)

ok thanks!

SlothPaladin wrote:

I think the Logitech C920 is the ideal webcam, probibly a few other cheaper options which work well too. While many folks use DSLRs I don't feel like they are really worth it unless you are willing to spend around $1000 (camera + all the accessories to make it good for stop motion)

Like Sloth said, the c920 seems to be the general consensus among brickfilmers when it comes to value for your money. I own and use one myself, and completely agree.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter