Topic: Lego Star Wars - Guard Duty

Directory Link

Lego Star Wars - Guard Duty

Link Name

The Stormtrooper's normal guard duty shift turns out to be not-so-normal when Thor drops by for a tick... in a TARDIS?!

Re: Lego Star Wars - Guard Duty

This is one of the more random LEGO Star Wars brickfilms I've seen. That's definitely not a bad thing, just an observation. Additionally, the dialogue and interaction between the characters are fun.

There are several flaws that do set the film back a bit. For one, the set design is very minimal. The baseplates aren't exactly an ideal solution for walls–though I do know that bricks are expensive and/or you may not have enough grey bricks to built a complete structure. If you don't have enough pieces, rather than using baseplates, you may want to experiment with a printed backdrop or even using your computer monitor as a background. If done right, it can make for a really nice effect.

Also, I did notice some camera bump. If your camera is on a tripod, you may want to secure the tripod to the floor to reduce the risk of bumping it while animating. If you're not using a tripod, extra time may be needed to make sure the camera is secure with blue tac or what have you.

Last edited by Willow Tree (August 31, 2015 (03:15pm))