Topic: Fullmetal Alchemist - LEGO adaptation

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fma/images/f/f0/Full_metal_alchemist_logo.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120106222232&path-prefix=es

Hello all!

For a while, I wanted to make an adaptation of the Japanese manga "Fullmetal Alchemist"as I thought it was an amazing story. It reminded me Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter with a steam-punk feel.

It is odd making this as one of my first projects, seeing how FMA is big. Really big story, characters, lore, etc. But I will try to not give up and since this is one of my favorite stories in manga, hell, maybe literature. Even if I don't make it look like a blockbuster or something, I can probably take the cheapness of the film and make it into a certain style and I had ideas maybe with it, I can explain the god complex, biblical philosophy, the meaning of inhumanity, the seven deadly sins and the equivalent exchange as I analysed it.

Here's the story: Edward and Alphonse Elric live in a world where alchemy, the form of magic, science and the evangelical powers, is possible. As they are children, they think that with alchemy, they can bring back their dead mother. However, they learn their lesson by pain (Edward losing his leg and arm and Alphonse losing his body). Edward promised that he will shed his self pity and try to fix his brother's body by joining the military to get access of more info on alchemy. However, they will uncover more than they needed to, seeing what the government planning in the shadows.

It will be like this:
Fullmetal Alchemist - 13 parts - part one (filming), part two (scripted)
Fullmetal Alchemist II - 13 parts
Fullmetal Alchemist III - 14 parts
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 15 parts

Thank you for the support, everyone! You guys help me keep going! <3

"Low budgets force you to be more creative. Sometimes, with too much money, time and equipment, you can't over-think. My way, you can use your gut instinct" -Robert Rodriguez.

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist - LEGO adaptation

Hmm.  This looks exciting.  I have never watched Fullmetal Alchemist but have heard it is an excellent series.  Will have to check it out.  This series looks promising.  Can't wait to see what you do with it.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Any frames to share?

funmiproductions wrote:

Any frames to share?

Wow, I was actually going to 2 minutes after you said that. mini/XD

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-roO5BqdvqLM/VcF6PM2Pf1I/AAAAAAAAANM/VLuk1nr6dQc/w346-h260/Layer%2B1_0121.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZbMUbU-qKVQ/VcF6CkEUVnI/AAAAAAAAAMs/PLi7q8Z-Zj0/w346-h260/Layer%2B1_0125.png

In this scene, Ed (voiced by Minase Misa) and Al (voiced by Silent Jo) are performing the human transmutation in their father's room. This is unedited, of course, with planning to use lightning effects and a dark lighting. Now the reason the shots are different is actually because I bump the camera and it fell. Because I use Monkeyjam that has no onion skinning, I lost my track, especially since I'm not the sharpest knife in the murder victim. Now, here's what I saw. I did the up shot because it may be "God" seeing the two knocking on heaven's door and about to answer...or it's just an up shot.

"Low budgets force you to be more creative. Sometimes, with too much money, time and equipment, you can't over-think. My way, you can use your gut instinct" -Robert Rodriguez.