Topic: BRAWL 2015: Endeavor

Directory Link

BRAWL 2015: Endeavor

Watch here

A man goes through a journey of success, learning the true focus of life.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Re: BRAWL 2015: Endeavor

Wow I really liked this. Great atmosphere and an awesome use of the theme.

Fantastic entry!

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

It's amazing how many times you animated that thing!

Squid wrote:

It's amazing how many times you animated that thing!

Loll, the falling into water, indeed was a repeat of the same shot...

PrestigePie wrote:

Wow I really liked this. Great atmosphere and an awesome use of the theme.
Fantastic entry!

Thanks! I should be releasing an explanation and/or bts sometime just to explain all the extra symbolism and stuff.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Nice, I really like the story and how it was done. At first, I didn't understand why the guy couldn't cross the bridge, but I figured it out in the end. I think the water falling and getting up was a bit redundant (we could have done without seeing him get up every time), but it was still very nice. Keep up the good work.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

That was great and the story was a good reminder to focus on your goal, just one thing I noticed the blue tack alot when the guy kept falling off the cliff. But other than that it was good.

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

rioforce wrote:

Nice, I really like the story and how it was done. At first, I didn't understand why the guy couldn't cross the bridge, but I figured it out in the end. I think the water falling and getting up was a bit redundant (we could have done without seeing him get up every time), but it was still very nice. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I did cut out sections of the water falling, but indeed, I could have cut out more. Thanks though!

brickorbrack wrote:

That was great and the story was a good reminder to focus on your goal, just one thing I noticed the blue tack alot when the guy kept falling off the cliff. But other than that it was good.

I agree, I definitely do need to become better at hiding the tac.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

A nice little film. The animation was quite good, and the metaphor is clever. The middle part of the film definitely drags on too long; I think a lot of the water shots, as rioforce said, and even some of the falls could have been cut to really tidy up the pacing, but overall, good job. mini/smile

Dialogue would've helped it took me a while to figure out what was going on but after I did It was Great

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

There was a lot I liked about this film, using the tree to show the passing of time, the lighting in the church, and the animation was well done. The story worked well. The only complaint I have was that it would have been better if you had animated him getting out of the water a few different ways, instead of just the one.

Once again, great film, hope you do well.

backyardlegos wrote:

A nice little film. The animation was quite good, and the metaphor is clever. The middle part of the film definitely drags on too long; I think a lot of the water shots, as rioforce said, and even some of the falls could have been cut to really tidy up the pacing, but overall, good job. mini/smile

All this talk of my over repeated water shots leads me to believe that no one noticed the set bump in that shot. mini/tongue

Anyways, thanks for the critique, as it helps me improve greatly in the future.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube