Topic: Roll Of Thunder

Directory Link

Roll Of Thunder

Youtube

Not an actual trailer.  A film I made for a school project.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Re: Roll Of Thunder

Interesting trailer. For the most part, the animation is pretty good. A few inconsistencies here and there, but all in all, nice work. 

One of the downsides of this film, however, is the audio. The music is overpowering making it difficult to understand what the characters are saying.

The camera movement is quite shaky. Forum member, Squid has made a great tutorial on the subject which you can check out here.

The iStopmotion watermark is somewhat distracting as well, though I understand that software is an expense. I'd recommend checking out the Bricks in Motion free software list.

At any rate, keep on brickfilming, Brick Block!

The sets in this are getting better, though I would say in a few instances they are lacking. I would try to cover up the background some more, because seeing things other than LEGO in stop motion is awkward for the viewer.

But you animation is definitely coming along, it was decently smooth. I encourage you to keep improving in this field!

Other than what Willow Tree said, I don't have anything else to say.

Keep it up Brick Block!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Animation-wise, I like it. There don't seem to be any real flaws in this aspect. However, I do think the set design needs a little work. Seeing the wall in the background was a bit distracting, and the non-LEGO vehicles seemed just out of place. I would comment on the music (volume-wise) but for a trailer I think it actually did fit nicely. Still, all in all, it's a nice film, and is quite enjoyable. I look forward to more films. mini/bigsmile

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

I'm going to give you some constructive criticism.

The movie needs a clear genre/focus. I don't understand if it's actually supposed to be serious or not. You shouldn't attempt comedy in a film that's supposed to be serious as it ruins any sort of atmosphere.

There are a good sum of set/camera bumps you may want to fix, and the looped animation at the end that lasts for almost a minute isn't pleasing to watch. The looped animation is shaky and the bump makes it clear it's looped. General rule of thumb is to not to have unsmooth loops (and to not loop when you can). The Daft Punk song at the end seems extremely out of place for this kind of film.

I don't want to come off as mean. I'm just suggesting things for improvement.

Last edited by LASF (July 24, 2015 (06:40pm))

Don't worry LASF.  I appreciate your honesty in your feedback and am working to improve these things for future films.

My profile picture is deep fried lol