Topic: Gummy Bear Song

Directory Link

Gummy Bear Song

Video

This is my first film on Bricksinmotion. Enjoy!

Re: Gummy Bear Song

The transition from the minifigs to the gummy bears is fun. Additionally, I like the worm dance animation. It's always neat to watch minifigs move in new and different ways.

There are, however, several technical issues. For one, there is a lot of noticeable light flicker. To fix this, you may need to switch all your camera settings to manual. i.e. focus, white balance, exposer, etc. Another solution is to wear darker clothing when animating so the light does not reflect back on to your set. Also, forum member, END films has made a great tutorial on the subject which you can watch here.

Overall, the animation appears to be a bit too slow. Understandably though, stop motion does take a lot of practice and time. In order to improve the quality of your movements, you may want to experiment with animating at a higher frame rate–say 15 or 12 frames per second. Although, what's most important is the animation itself. Most of the movements in this video are a little too gradual. There are many different principles of animation which you can read about on this page.

Keep brickfilming, Raptor, and welcome to Bricks in Motion!

Last edited by Willow Tree (July 9, 2015 (01:56pm))

I enjoyed this... it was weird in a cool way and I thought the light flicker gave it kind of a disco-y vibe.
Keep filming.

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

I would've had a problem with the light and white balance flicker, but, being a music video, I felt it added some abstract element to it that was kinda fun. Hopefully we'll see more from you on here. mini/smile

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Thank you all for the encouragement! mini/smile