Topic: Pantallas

Directory Link

Pantallas

youtube

A short inspired by Julio Cortázar.

- clock213 (Ricardo Valdez)

Re: Pantallas

Great lighting, and I love that opening zoom.

If I understand things right,

Spoiler (click to read)

the guy is reviewing his own life. And he's dead.

In which case, the heads probably needed to be more similar.

BUT, I love the way you portrayed the screens. I think the way you used in-camera paper cut-outs, but cut between the man and the footage of what he was watching was great. The color-correction alone sets the mood very well, and the movement of the characters does a good job of portraying the plot. (Again, assuming I understood it correctly.)

The sets are generally detailed, and the use of so many 'windows' looks great. But after all the good interiors, the exterior shot felt plain and empty, lacking a lot of detail and substance. Although it's just a brief shot, it may have needed a bit more building time.

Good job, although I wouldn't have mixed the yellow head with a fleshie torso. There are quite a few options either way, and it's distracting for me to see two different skin tones. A yellow highlighter works to convert fleshie to yellow, if you want to make use of that trick in the future.

Thanks for sharing, and it's good to see you back around BiM.
It's been too long. mini/wink

Re: Pantallas

The lighting definitely stands out as the most impressive aspect of the film, great job there. The animation doesn't look particularly polished and some of the sound effects seems to stand out too much (like the walking sound effect). However, the overall feel of the film and camera pans and zooms really stands tall and makes for a real solid product. Nice work!

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff