Topic: Flicker caused in-camera when using Dragonframe

Hi all,

I posted here a short while ago with some issues with flicker, and the solutions were easy. Now that I've had some practice, I've become somewhat more knowledgable on the way DSLRs work and so forth. Then, whilst trying to animate today, flicker started again. I have no idea what caused it - my setup remained exactly the same.

I found that changing the exposure and then back again reset the white balance for each particular frame, but this became immensely time consuming and I soon gave up. Below is a video showing what happened;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3zsIw-KIzk

I'm using a Nikon D5100 camera that has displayed no prior issues. All settings are manual, the light bulbs have not presented an issue before today. My setup, as I said, remained completely unchanged and I don't know what triggered this sort of dilemma. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as this is a huge frustration.

Thanks,
-The 2 Awesome Guys

Formerly known as the2awesomeguys

Re: Flicker caused in-camera when using Dragonframe

I'm stumped. The fact that you've had no problems before is confusing. I know that Nikon cameras can have issues with light flicker when it comes to stop motion. I use a Canon, so perhaps someone with a Nikon could help.