Topic: MBU Writers wanted - anyone interested?

There's been quite a big influx of animators joining the Marvel Brickfilm Universe lately, which is great, but what we now lack is people to script for these new projects. Tonally, what we go for in the MBU is along the lines of the comics themselves, and of Disney's current Marvel saga: it takes itself seriously within its own diegesis (I don't mean it's dark and gritty, I mean that none of what we do are parodies) but with a side of levity. Obviously there's some level of violence and (in slightly darker series like Daredevil: The Man Without Fear) a bit of gore but only in the way that an actual PG-13 superhero is normally constructed. Same goes for language. Honestly, it varies between writers and this is something we can discuss if you're interested but not sure about.

If you are interested, please either comment here or PM me with links to either some writing of yours (e.g. a screenplay, a short story), or to a brickfilm that was written by you.

As far as what you would be writing, at the moment there are a couple of projects outstanding that need writers, and also some projects that we need to have writers lined up for for the future (of course with those, there's a chance they may not come to pass, so they're of little importance right now).

Heroes for Hire
Standalone brickfilm. To be animated by Joebor1777.
Technically this is the fifth episode of the upcoming Immortal Iron Fist series that Joebor1777 and I are working on, but the idea's evolved into it more being its own horse. In the comics, Iron Fist and Luke Cage often work together, but while Danny (Iron Fist) is rich, Luke Cage normally offers his superhero services to those who can pay, so that he can keep a roof over his head. We want to explore the ethics of this, since it's an interesting dichotomy that Cage is a genuinely caring and good individual who started as a criminal, and still has some of these tendencies. This will not be animated for quite a well, as Joebor1777 is currently animating four episodes of Immortal Iron Fist, as well as his other non-MBU projects.

There are more MBU projects in the works but that have not been finalised (for instance, there's always the possibility of more episodes of SHIELD Declassified); these two are the most pressing, particularly Hawkeye. However, it would also be nice to have some people on a list that we could potentially call up if we need more writers, in case our circumstances change (which they seem to frequently. In a good way.).

And if you're interested in animating, feel free to PM me too. We have big plans and can definitely squeeze you in. Please be aware we're quite selective though as we want to make sure that all MBU brickfilms are of a roughly similar quality (I say roughly in a fairly loose sense of the world, we're not an elitist Oxford club, but we want to make sure the MBU is relatively consistent in terms of quality).

Thanks for reading this,

-Jampot

Last edited by jampot (June 1, 2015 (10:49am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: MBU Writers wanted - anyone interested?

I'm almost done with a script. I'll send a link when its finished. mini/smile

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

I would be interested in this. I am pretty decent at coming up with a good story that has the minimal amount of plot holes. The Adventures of Lance Toad (link below) is my own story. If you are intrusted in letting me have a trial run or something like that, send me a PM.

Forget me. Some stuff came up.

Last edited by Mosh5256 (June 2, 2015 (04:44pm))

You've got me interested, I'll send you a PM.

Scratch that, I might have to hold off due to not having much time/practice, sorry.

Last edited by AnimatorUnknown (May 20, 2015 (05:07pm))

I'm interested in writing if you still need a writer. Might be a good place to get back to brick filming.

I can get some script examples to you if you need before I start writing for the MBU, otherwise I did the writing for the films on my channel (not my best examples) youtube.com/VideobyKB

Last edited by Kieren Barnett (May 29, 2015 (12:48am))

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Kieren Barnett wrote:

I'm interested in writing if you still need a writer. Might be a good place to get back to brick filming.

I can get some script examples to you if you need before I start writing for the MBU, otherwise I did the writing for the films on my channel (not my best examples) youtube.com/VideobyKB

Hi Kieren. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, been getting through the last of my exams. Can you PM me some script examples please?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein