Topic: Can't Reply to Topics

This is the Private Message conversation I had with a friend who newly joined the site:

TSV wrote:
Top Hat wrote:
TSV wrote:

Why can't I reply to any forums?

Well, I'm not sure, but I notice your username is showing up as "TSV" now. Is it possible you signed in wrong? If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll post your issue on a forum for you.

Here is the problem: I just registered here in BIM, and when I try to make a reply to a topic in a forum, it says, "Sorry! No permission to post here." But later, it shows that I can already reply to a topic.

I'll post it. One odd thing I'm noticing is that, before, when you sent me messages, it said they were from "The Shaw Vision". These new messages you've been sending about the problem just say they're from "TSV" and the old messages no longer show a name, and just say [Empty]. Also, the message I sent in reply to your question about programs says it hasn't been opened.

Re: Can't Reply to Topics

When did he send the PMs?
It appears that he posted just fine two days ago, and posted a topic without reporting any issues.
He's not classed as "New member" so he should have permission to post/reply anywhere.

As for the name change, that shouldn't affect anything. He probably just PM'd an admin about wanting it switched up.
Unless the old account somehow got deleted, braking the messages, and accounting for the name change. But I'd have no idea how or why that would happen.

The unopened message question is easy, he just hasn't checked it yet. May not have been on recently.

He just sent them. And the unopened message was right before all of this. I'm pretty sure I thought of the possibility that the "unopened" symbol meant he hadn't opened it.:lol:

Hopefully we can figure out why he can't seem to reply to topics now...

Yeah, there's an approval process but that's done so he should be able to post just fine. Of course, you can't reply to the Guidelines forum or locked threads.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Ah, that explains it. Thanks, Smeagol! I'll tell him.

I see that you are also asking for help from other users. Well the problem is fixed now.

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

Sméagol wrote:

Yeah, there's an approval process but that's done so he should be able to post just fine. Of course, you can't reply to the Guidelines forum or locked threads.

Hello! I need help. How to delete the film from directory? I accidentally posted it twice..(