Topic: Furious 7 Trailer

Directory Link

Furious 7 Trailer

Link 1

For my final senior project, I wanted to explore the world of stop motion animation for the first time. For the subject matter I chose to combine my favorite childhood toy with one of my favorite action movie series. Enjoy! - Kevin Capodice

Re: Furious 7 Trailer

Welcome to Bricks in Motion!

I think it's always fun to see our beloved toy combined with movie trailers. Admittedly, I have never seen any of The Fast and the Furious films but that did not dissuade me from watching your LEGO recreation of the Furious 7 trailer.

As a whole, this film could use a lot of work, but I do think some elements worked. For one, the mouth animation is executed well. The different phonetic shapes are something that we do not see a whole lot of in brickfilms. Also, some of the non-LEGO elements included in this video fit nicely, i.e. the various cars.

There is a lot of noticeable choppy animation and unstable camera movements. In the future, you may want to tape down your set and secure your camera, if not already, to a tripod. As for the animation; practice, practice, practice. This video may help with your animation workflow. Additionally, while the outdoor scenes are fun, they are a bit impractical. The outside environment is vastly uncontrollable which is not beneficial for stop motion.