Topic: The Unfortunate Hero: Episode 1

Directory Link

The Unfortunate Hero: Episode 1

Link 1

Watch as an ordinary boy attempts to use the superpower he doesn't posses.

Re: The Unfortunate Hero: Episode 1

Interesting use of the cartoony paper effect for the fall, it really stood out. What animation there was was decent but could be improved, but really you should try to make your credits much shorter. If the credits are longer than the animation itself, then you should think about cutting them down massively.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

The story is there, however, there are definitely some technical aspects of the film that could be improved upon.

For one, there seems to be a lot of light flicker. For future videos, you may want to diffuse your lights with paper and, if not already, change all your camera settings to manual. Also, wearing darker clothing can often cut down on the amount of light flicker.

There is also a noticeable amount of set and camera bumps. It is helpful to tape down your set and perhaps use a tripod if you are filming with a larger sized camera.

As jampot has already mentioned, the credits are rather long. The animation and story should be the meat of the video.

Keep on brickfilming, K Origami. Practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Willow Tree (May 11, 2015 (05:20am))

Also, if you did everything just put something like "Directed, Edited and Animated by K Oragami"

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Really liked the creative use of the fall technique

Great stuff

That was neat! The falling effect was pretty cool and original. Your animation is getting better, keep it up!

A few things that could be worked is the lighting. It was rather dark which produced a lot of grain. I would recommend getting some desk lamps for your animations (you can get one for $7 at Walmart) Your voice was good, although I heard a buzzing noise the whole time, which was a little distracting.

Also when your doing credits, I would recommend not making them longer than the actual film. mini/smile

Keep it up K Origami!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."