Topic: noise record: simple answer?

having lost myself in the audio recording topic, I decided that this should be useful not just to me.
Obviously enough audio recording with in-built microphones records also some noise.

I know that there's the option of removing this audio noise on audacity. But what about a mic that records with no noise? Does the blue snowball do that, or do you remove audio after that? Also, any mic that doesn't record audio noise and plugs in jack, so can be used on an iPad? I do practically all my job on an iPad

Re: noise record: simple answer?

The Blue Snowball is a condenser microphone so it will pick up background noise. You can easily remove it by recording extra noise at the end of an audio track and then drain out the unwanted noise. Audacity enables you to do this easily with an effect called Noise Removal.

As for the iPad, you might want to check out the iQ5 Zoom microphone.

Re: noise record: simple answer?

Willow Tree wrote:

The Blue Snowball is a condenser microphone so it will pick up background noise. You can easily remove it by recording extra noise at the end of an audio track and then drain out the unwanted noise. Audacity enables you to do this easily with an effect called Noise Removal.

As for the iPad, you might want to check out the iQ5 Zoom microphone.

Thanks, altough I knew about the audacity thing. I guess this answer could help anyone with my trouble mini/wink