Topic: Inanimate Object Correction Facility

Directory Link

Inanimate Object Correction Facility

Video Link

In this brickfilm comedy, we watch our helpless protagonist get trapped in a prison-like facility with a bunch of rather lively objects. He must find some way to escape while evading the watchful eye of a rather nasty teacher. A special thanks to my friend Dan (TheManOfPurple2) for contributing his voice to this project.

"It is an axiom that no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To wish to do it is reason enough.” - Aldo Leopold

Re: Inanimate Object Correction Facility

I really enjoyed this concept. You got some great gags out of it, my favourites being the mannequin and the gravestone. Nice work!

The idea behind the film is really clever, and some of the jokes were quite funny; especially the gravestone, I got a great laugh out of that. The animation was good, for the most part, especially on some of the objects like the two cups at the end, but at times it was very choppy, and could have used a lot more frames and better easing technique. This was especially prominent in dialogue sequences. The pace of the film was a bit slow, both overall and in some of the scenes; it felt like the story didn't really move along quickly enough. Keep working on animation and pacing and I think you'll be making some very entertaining films. mini/smile

"Also, a toaster oven once paid me a great insult. But that's another matter entirely."

I did not know what to expect going into this film, but I can say that I was both delighted and thrilled to have watched this. The overall idea of using inanimate objects to tell a story about inanimate objects is quite humorous in it of itself. 

For the most part, your animation technique is executed well. The walk cycles, for example, show fluidity and creativity. I also like animation of the banana being squished. The chalice walking is also pretty neat and the use of the cotton as the explosion really sells the lovely imagery of stop motion.