Topic: Free Nuke Non-commercial

The Foundry has recently released a free, non-commercial version of their compositing software, Nuke!

Nuke Non-commercial release

It is a fully operational version, although some bells and whistles have been removed and limitations set, such as maximum output resolution at 1920x1080, limited Python scripting, encrypted data storage, etc.

Also, it can only be used for non-commercial purposes, which The Foundry has defined as:

“Non-commercial” use is any usage of NUKE, NUKEX and NUKE STUDIO that does not make the user profit and is not in the provision of services to third-parties. Examples of Non-commercial usage are: personal learning, personal projects, experimentation and research. Indirect activities such as personal images or clips posted on YouTube or Vimeo that may generate advertising revenue are permitted.

I haven't used Nuke yet, but it looks to be a very powerful compositing software.
Hope you guys find this useful!

Re: Free Nuke Non-commercial

Sounds great, I'll have to download this and try it out!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Hm, thanks for the tip off. I knew it was coming sometime with all of the pressure from other comping apps. I'll probably download it and use it some just to learn an industry standard piece of software.

I never made a thread for it, but I guess I'll mention that Blackmagic Design bought up Eyeon, the company that created Fusion. Fusion is far less well known than Nuke now days, but it is a node compositor that is probably on par in terms of power and performance. Anyway, Blackmagic Design released Fusion for free a couple of months ago: Blackmagic Design Fusion. The only real limitations versus the full 1000$ version are no network rendering, stereoscopic tools, or output over 4K. You can even use it commercially.

I've been using Fusion for projects for some time now, and while the learning curve will be steepish if you have never used a node compositor before (and is greatly exacerbated by the lack of good tutorials and stuff online about it), it is definitely high end software capable of pretty much anything you want. Personally speaking, as someone who formerly used the Blender node compositor for everything, Fusion is a step way, way up in terms of performance and power...

Indy wrote:

I haven't used Nuke yet, but it looks to be a very powerful compositing software.

Um, yeah. Its only been used on nearly every movie made for the last 5 years or so... mini/wink

Thanks so so much Indy! I've been really wanting to get this, but that free stuff was stopping me!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

thanks for the tip!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."