Re: The Animation Challenge

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Yep.
A less dramatic and slightly more smelly form of it, but yes, it is decay.

Oh... It'll be dramatic. You'll see.

My very dramatic(but not really that dramatic) decomposing animation.
Here it is- my entry

On the over all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out but there are a few things that could have been animated better.

Last edited by soupmanjack (June 8, 2015 (09:02pm))

I like that! Awesome

Hey Cat, were you going to enter?
If so, you'd better hurry, there's only a few hours left.

I would have loved to, but, unfortunelatly, the only video's I've been able to make of late have been all for work. plus, What I had in mid wasnt close to Noodlebricks....

Well, it looks like N0odlebrick is the winner! (....By default. mini/frustrated )

With great animation, an excellent transition from the figure to the pile of dirt, a smooth and perfectly executed camera tilt, and the springing up of new plant life over his dead body, this took a normally more negative and nasty concept and (sorta) suger-coated it into this bright and funny little clip.

While the last few plants spring up a bit too suddenly, overall it's a great clip.
Fantastic job.

Let's just hope we can drum up some more entries next time.

I'll try and enter next round. And great job NoodleBrick! That was great! mini/bigsmile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Thank you pritchardo, I think the reason the last animation challenge was kind of a failure(no offense) was becouse the theme was a bit to broad and difficult to animate. I think we need to pick more themes that have to do with phisics or interacting with some kind of object like punching a punching bag or diving into water rather than broad themes such as reflections or decay.  It also helps when you like the theme your gonna animate, Any theme suggestions?

Last edited by soupmanjack (June 9, 2015 (09:00am))

I've got a few suggestions:

Wall impact, have a wall get hit with something heavy and crack or dent.

Transforming, such as a person becoming a werewolf. (or a person unzipping their disguise)

Shooting a special gun, like a ray gun vibrating and shooting a strong blast.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

I want to try Super speed.
IE, 2 guys fighting and the world around them is in slow motion... make sense?

Cooked Cat wrote:

I want to try Super speed.
IE, 2 guys fighting and the world around them is in slow motion... make sense?

Like time freezes/super slow motion? I have wanted to do that ever since I started animation a year or two ago. The thing that never got me to do it was that I would prefer using a Flash minifig for that, and I still don't have it.
I've only seen the time freeze effect used in brickfilms once, excluding LEGO Matrix.

I think that's what you're talking about.
There's a Quicksilver video on YouTube from one of the X-Men movies.
I love to see more of these effects in brickfilms because they're just awesome.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

yeah, like quick sliver.
and maybe 2 people fighting....

Without further ado, the new theme is running into a wall (slo motion just seemed to hard) the theme is pretty strait forward. So yeah, your charicter should run into a wall.  Interpritate the theme as you see fit.

The dead line is monday the 15th

Last edited by soupmanjack (June 10, 2015 (10:19am))

I think this theme is a bit indirect, perhaps say exactly what you need to animate, (such as a speed-motion guy picking up falling food) or just change it altogether.

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

RondomBoaz I edited the them e so what do you think better? mini/yes

Randomboaz wrote:

I think this theme is a bit indirect, perhaps say exactly what you need to animate, (such as a speed-motion guy picking up falling food) or just change it altogether.

the point is animating hard things...

Here is my entry.
http://youtu.be/zXwpAvRa4qI

It is completely based off of real physics. That would TOTALLY happen in real life.  mini/what

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

random boaz, you win (by default mini/what ). Your entry was pretty good. But I really wish we could have had more entrys...

Right now I think everyone is busy with the BiM contest. That's me right now, I just don't have time to enter the challenges.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I guess I'll announce the new theme then...

The new theme is... Rolling Around I expect it to be a bit spastic and silly. animate your character rolling about the ground. The funniest (hopefully not only) entry will win.

The deadline is Next Monday

-RandomBoaz    YouTube