Topic: LEGO Assault on the police station

Directory Link

LEGO Assault on the police station

Link 1

Wrongly accused by the police, Michael Scofield is sentenced to thirty years. In prison, he conceives a machine that turns people into loyal soldiers. Once free, he builds the machine, creates an army and takes his revenge by conquering the Police Station.

Re: LEGO Assault on the police station

GThis was really cool!  First off, good job on finishing something of this scale, and making it well.  There is a lot I could say about this brickfilm, so I'll miss some things.

I really like the Wes Anderson title style you had going, making it like a story.  The way you introduced the main character was cool too, but might have been even better if you had used it more, but there weren't any other characters to introduce, maybe in part 2.  The lack of color in the prison sequence was a nice stylistic touch as well.

I also liked you brick built effects.  The police lights and water splash were well done, and so was the blood.  The police getting hit in the ground was awesome.  The use of so many different minifigures was cool too.  It made you feel like you were watching a video made with legos, and in a good way.  Might as well use the minifigures you collected. 

The story was much better than your title suggests.  You developed the motivations of the protagonist successfully and I was feeling bad for him up until the attack.  You were able to tell your story without dialogue, which is something I could work on. 

One thing that bothered me a bit was how happy his old face was.  I understand not using a completely mean one, as you still want sympathy for your character, so I think a more neutral one would work.  He looked a bit too much like a happy Santa.  You sets were normally good, except I think adding some walls would have helped.  Some of the official Lego sets you used showed the backdrop and thus made them look smaller. 

Despite the small flaws, I really enjoyed this.  The amount of work you must have put into this payed off as it seemed very passion driven.  It reminded me of an older movie, like an original Star Wars.  It doesn't have the newest, flashiest things, but it has passion behind it.  I am greatly anticipating part 2 and subscribed so I won't miss it.

Re: LEGO Assault on the police station

thx very much mini/smile
we are now finishing a new brickfilm called "Legopolis"
i hope soon to post it