Topic: Caylie's Cookie Castle

Directory Link

Caylie's Cookie Castle

YouTube

Don't eat the cookies.

Apparently, I shot this last June. No clue what I was thinking, but I thought it might be fun to edit it and see what happened. The animation itself is pretty much junk, and my voicing (for both characters) is blarg. I should have uploaded this yesterday...if only I'd found the frames a day earlier, this could have made a fun April Fools.

And you know the worst part? I found scripts for two sequels as well.

Last edited by jampot (April 2, 2015 (03:46pm))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: Caylie's Cookie Castle

Haha, that was great (kinda creepy, but still great). It's also kind of creepy too. I think you ought to do the sequels mini/tongue

Wow, you voiced both characters? I should consider you to voice act a falsetto for me some day. mini/lol

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Make the sequels. The possibilities...

GIBLETS

That was great. The animation was really smooth, and the falsetto voices were spot-on.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I really liked the design of the stand thingy.  It uses a lot of colours an pieces we don't usually see that often.  I also like that with the size of the stand and the elevation of the woman seem to create a sort of forced perspective that makes the kid feel really tiny.  A lot smaller than a LEGO kid can normally be, as if he were especially young.  I'm not sure of that was intentional or not, but I like it!

Uh, yes, completely intentional mini/shifty

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Junk?  What are you talking about?  This definitely deserves two sequels!

Animation is generally smooth, and the voicing is pretty good (I'm surprised to find out you voiced both characters).  The post-production camera zoom at the beginning looks a bit off, though, and there's also some distortion around the women's hands as she's standing at the cookie stand (though this distortion actually might actually be a good thing, given the nature of the short).  Also, the sticky tac used to hold the boy in position is visible in some shots.  All these are minor nitpicks, though.

Spoiler (click to read)

I love the slender-effects.  Also, loving the LEGO movie reference.

On a side note, the title makes me think of Kaylee from Firefly/Serenity for some reason, which is kind of weird (especially since the minifig does look a bit like Kaylee...).

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I love the slender-effects.  Also, loving the LEGO movie reference.

On a side note, the title makes me think of Kaylee from Firefly/Serenity for some reason, which is kind of weird (especially since the minifig does look a bit like Kaylee...).

Someone got the reference! I think I'd just rewatched the film around when I scripted this.

As for Kaylee from Firefly, I hadn't actually put two-and-two together on that, which is odd considering how much I love the show.