Topic: The Hillbilly Vampire Hunters E2 S2

Directory Link

The Hillbilly Vampire Hunters E2 S2

Link 1

Jeb & Jethro are called to a neighbors house.

Re: The Hillbilly Vampire Hunters E2 S2

"Funny thing about love brother. It can hurt."

The Hillbilly Vampire Hunters is definitely a worthwhile series to check out. I am thoroughly enjoying watching each episode and I find that the humorous dialogue really brings each short together for an original brickfilm experience.

Jeb and Jethro work wonderfully together. The dialogue between the two characters is natural and quite comedic. In this episode, however, my favorite charter was Emmy. It's not often that we see a female character have such a prominent role in a brickfilm and I was absolutely delighted by Brick7's performance.

Also, the 1950s horror-esc music that plays when the monster is revealed in each episode, and in the case of this episode, a yeti, is superb.

On a small technical note, there was a shot in the opening scene where Jeb and Jethro were about to go on the hunt and it appeared as though Jeb sort of vanished from the shot. Perhaps, for the next episode you could extend the set, thus extending the sky backdrop to allow more room for a walk cycle of some sorts. That being said, I really like the use of the blue baseplate for the sky.

Keep up the good work, Antonio! I'll keep an eye out for the next episode.

Re: The Hillbilly Vampire Hunters E2 S2

nathan wrote:

"Funny thing about love brother. It can hurt."

The Hillbilly Vampire Hunters is definitely a worthwhile series to check out. I am thoroughly enjoying watching each episode and I find that the humorous dialogue really brings each short together for an original brickfilm experience.

Jeb and Jethro work wonderfully together. The dialogue between the two characters is natural and quite comedic. In this episode, however, my favorite charter was Emmy. It's not often that we see a female character have such a prominent role in a brickfilm and I was absolutely delighted by Brick7's performance.

Also, the 1950s horror-esc music that plays when the monster is revealed in each episode, and in the case of this episode, a yeti, is superb.

On a small technical note, there was a shot in the opening scene where Jeb and Jethro were about to go on the hunt and it appeared as though Jeb sort of vanished from the shot. Perhaps, for the next episode you could extend the set, thus extending the sky backdrop to allow more room for a walk cycle of some sorts. That being said, I really like the use of the blue baseplate for the sky.

Keep up the good work, Antonio! I'll keep an eye out for the next episode.

Thank you so much for the kind words Nathan.
I am glad Emmy had the effect she did on this episode because that is what I was going for.
Brick 7 is so good in this part and small spoiler you will be seeing more of Emmy.
My only regret is that this will be the last Hillbillies for a while.
I am going for shoulder surgery on April 10 and have no time table yet for when I will be able to start filming again.
But you can be certain the Hillbillies will be back more misadventures.
I will be posting periodic updates on my YouTube channel on my recovery so feel free to check in for updates.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2j7fZ … 2kiud0RjPg
Thanks for watching bud.