Topic: Lego STAR WARS Rebels: Inquisitor Mara Jade

Directory Link

Lego STAR WARS Rebels: Inquisitor Mara Jade

Youtube

Hey guys! Here is my latest film Star Wars Rebels: Inquisitor Mara Jade

Set before the events of A New Hope.
After the Emperor formed an order of Force users known as the Inquisitors to hunt down the last remnants of Jedi, a young Mara Jade must prove herself worthy of the title: Inquisitor.
I am hopeful that this could be the beginning of a new series of films that would focus more on the villains of Star Wars and show the universe from their perspective.
So feel free to root for the bad guys.

Hope you like it so far and be sure to Stay Tuned For More!

Re: Lego STAR WARS Rebels: Inquisitor Mara Jade

I liked your lightsaber effects, along with the duel. The sets were pretty nice as well.

I would recommend working on your walk cycle, it looks rather fast paced and unrealistic. I'm sure you can find great tutorials online. If you don't feel like making them walk with their arms moving, you can take an frame in-between the leg out and leg hitting the ground. I have found that you need this frame for walking and even running or the walking just won't look right.

There should also be some more camera angles in between the dialogue and the different actions taking place. This adds more drama to the moment, and creates visual variety, which you need if you want to keep the viewers attention. 

Your animation was smooth, nice job!

Keep it up!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Not a bad Star Wars short. I found it quite entertaining. You made a story with almost no talking, which is creative. I agree with some of Harborlight's comments. The characters were all moving too quickly. If maybe they were being chased, or going to fight, it would be ok, but they are just walking.  The camera seemed to go in and out of focus at times. When shooting, check your camera settings. Trust me, I made the same mistakes. Lightsaber effects were better than most. Good job, and keep practising.

Great video. Loved it from beginning to end.
Very simple with a good back story and not over the top like so many other Star Wars videos I see where most people forget they need a story.
I hope this is the beginning of more to come.

Thank you all for the kind comments and constructive criticism, I really appreciate it.! mini/bigsmile

Harborlight wrote:

I liked your lightsaber effects, along with the duel. The sets were pretty nice as well.

I would recommend working on your walk cycle, it looks rather fast paced and unrealistic. I'm sure you can find great tutorials online. If you don't feel like making them walk with their arms moving, you can take an frame in-between the leg out and leg hitting the ground. I have found that you need this frame for walking and even running or the walking just won't look right.

There should also be some more camera angles in between the dialogue and the different actions taking place. This adds more drama to the moment, and creates visual variety, which you need if you want to keep the viewers attention. 

Your animation was smooth, nice job!
Keep it up!

For the walk cycle, I filmed it in MonkeyJam at 1 frame per second, should I make it 2 frames per second for a slower walk cycle maybe? For making one full step I took around 4 to 6 frames. Maybe I need to experiment with that.

As for the dialogue, I think I mostly get what you're saying but to clarify do you mean things like having the character move or things along that line? An example maybe, if you don't mind?

I am glad you enjoyed it and hope you'll enjoy my next installment. mini/smile

funmiproductions wrote:

Not a bad Star Wars short. I found it quite entertaining. You made a story with almost no talking, which is creative. I agree with some of Harborlight's comments. The characters were all moving too quickly. If maybe they were being chased, or going to fight, it would be ok, but they are just walking.  The camera seemed to go in and out of focus at times. When shooting, check your camera settings. Trust me, I made the same mistakes. Lightsaber effects were better than most. Good job, and keep practising.

Yeah they did walk a little faster than I wanted them to, but as I mentioned above, I wonder if it have to do with the frames per second I filmed it at?
As for the focusing I tried a bit of experimenting with changing the focus at different times like when a character was moving and thing like that. I guess I kinda like my focus a few times there. mini/lol
Bad jokes aside, I will try harder to best keep it in focus.

Thanks! mini/bigsmile

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

Great video. Loved it from beginning to end.
Very simple with a good back story and not over the top like so many other Star Wars videos I see where most people forget they need a story.
I hope this is the beginning of more to come.

Why thank you very much!
I wanted to start off with something simple and easily understandable as a sort of introduction to an even bigger and deeper story.
Like at the end of the video, "This is only the beginning". mini/wink