Topic: To-Do's - everyone's feedback.

This is a small "To Do" list of things left to be done on the site.  below are some things I spotted, can you think of more?  Hopefully we can all get feedback from the community and from the staff just to list some of the small things to be fixed.

-Be able to edit everything for your film, title, links, thumbnail, etc.  Not just the comments and keywords.
-Feature Film and filmmaker (if this is still being done?  I haven't heard about it since Schlaeps left).
-Resources
-A "More Contests" page for earlier contests (this could be done later on when BiM has had more contests, since THAC wasn't official).
-Sound Library (being worked on I think).
-Make the news boxes (for each post) nicer.  I don't know if everyone is happy or unhappy about it, but in my opinion I think it doesn't look that good.  I don't like how it only has elements of colour from the gradient for two lines.  it looks too uneven.
-Some problems with "Release Dates" in the film directory.
-A "View More films from this director" like on the old bf.com directory.

I think that's a lot covered.  What do all of you think?  I made this thread so the community could go through these things so we can give ideas for the smaller parts of the site to be finished.  Even though most of the above are probably being worked on now.

Last edited by Steve (May 5, 2009 (01:21pm))

Re: To-Do's - everyone's feedback.

Well, I guess that's close enough.  All of the stuff on that list is on the real to-do list in some form, though of course there is a lot more than just what you've listed.  Aside from the directory things, most of these aren't the highest priorities, IE compatibility for the forum is the main priority after the bare-bones film directory 100% complete.  To be clear, the end in sight for the development of BiM is not just a slightly improved clone of the old BF, we plan to expand well beyond what the BF website ever was.  We'll probably be actively developing this site for years before I would consider it 'complete.'

-Sméagol

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

you have missed many things from the huge to-do list  we have in the development section, but that's understandable mini/smile

• ! - top priority: ] Some problems with "Release Dates" in the film directory.

• ! - high priority: ]Be able to edit everything for your film, title, links, thumbnail, etc.  Not just the comments and keywords.

• ! - high priority: ] A "View More films from this director" like on the old bf.com directory.

• ! - priority: ]Feature Film and filmmaker (if this is still being done?  I haven't heard about it since Schlaeps left). we have plans mini/smile

• hm - Make the news boxes (for each post) nicer.  I don't know if everyone is happy or unhappy about it, but in my opinion I think it doesn't look that good.  I don't like how it only has elements of colour from the gradient for two lines.  it looks too uneven. Different people want different things out of the news page, changes will be made, what they are is hard to say at this point

• ! - Resources not really my thing

• ! - Sound Library (being worked on I think). Being worked on

A way to report broken links for films? I found one already...

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

I think you should create something that will let us see how many hits our films have received in the directory, like the brickfilms one used to have.

You know, I personally never cared for that feature. If you've got your film on YouTube, which you probably do, that tells you how many views your film has gotten; so it kind of renders the feature useless anyway.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...