Topic: LEGO Minecraft: Creepers Pt 2

Directory Link

LEGO Minecraft: Creepers Pt 2

YouTube

Niko the creeper follows Steve back to his village.

mini/smile

Re: LEGO Minecraft: Creepers Pt 2

Wow, that was pretty good. I'm not normally the one to watch films based on licensed themes, but really, the story behind it was so unique and thought out that it didn't seem like a boring old licensed theme video like you often see.

I really like the color correction you did, and the animation was really smooth. However, my heart sank when I saw

Spoiler (click to read)

that you cut that LEGO carrot in half

(I'm a purest mini/tongue)

I didn't see episode one, but I plan to watch it when I get the time. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

This series is incredible, Forlorn! Some of the most polished and consistently styled LEGO animation I think I've seen. And you certainly managed to turn out a second episode in a relatively short time frame.

rioforce wrote:

Wow, that was pretty good. I'm not normally the one to watch films based on licensed themes, but really, the story behind it was so unique and thought out that it didn't seem like a boring old licensed theme video like you often see.

Is it possible for us to comment on films without starting by belittling them for using source material? It's gotten to be a problem on this site, IMO.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

This series is really proving to be something quite special, Forlorn! This is one of the most impressively-polished continuity of films this side of Henri & Edmond.

Your technical skills remain as impressive as the first episode - IMO, the cinematography of these films are the most accomplished tech aspect. It's subtle and sophisticated in ways you don't normally see in brickfilms, especially in how liberal you are in your use of small tracking shots and camera movements. Knowing what we know about stop-motion, these are not easy shots to set up and accomplish, but they look so effortless in the film itself and lends the film a decidedly-cinematic feel.

Spoiler (click to read)

It's also a credit to your quality of writing and character work that I felt a legitimate tinge of tension when Steve walked away from the group at the start of the song sequence. I was worried he was too ashamed to be seen with Niko among his peers, and actually breathed a sigh of relief when he came returned with the mine cart, which I feel was an intentional misdirection on your part. Well done.

I don't remember what all I said in the threat for Part 1, so I don't know if I praised your voice actors (I probably did), but if I did, I must continue to do so here. They breathe such life into these roles, much of the film's strength comes from the power of their performances alone. It's great to hear your voice actors, particularly Andy and Christopher, have such commitment to their characters - I feel like I know so much about them and their world for having spent such (relatively) little time with them.

How many episodes of this are you planning? I'm very excited to see more of where this story goes.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'll pass on the compliments to my voice actors :-)

I'm planning a total of four episodes, Parts 3 and 4 are already in the pre-production pipeline and I'm about to start filming Part 3. In the interest of actually finishing the series before I get bogged down in University studies (starting in about a month), I've tried to make the story as tight as I can. I'd like to cut it together into one 20 - 25minute short and show it off at a festival or something one day.

At the same time that I came up with the concept for this series, my friend and I also came up with a concept for a second season which I'm already sowing the seeds for. I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to make it anytime soon, but that'd be another bunch of possible future episodes.

Also, MindGame:

Spoiler (click to read)

It's interesting that you interpreted Steve's actions that way. The intention was just that he'd just forgotten something and had to run back to get it. Makes total sense, however - I wonder if anyone else felt the same way?

mini/smile

What a beautiful film, as always, Forlorn! I love how much additional life you've breathed into the source material. The animation was good despite the creeper's limited range of movements and Mandopony's score made things even better. Wholely look forward to the next installment.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Everything was perfect. Animation, score, voice acting, lighting. Awesome dolly shots. I like where this is going.

Edit: The carrot in the chest was missing at 3:30 but still superb. I had a look at Tycho. I like the music.

Last edited by Kd2000 (March 22, 2015 (03:32am))

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Kd2000 wrote:

The carrot in the chest was missing at 3:30 but still superb. I had a look at Tycho. I like the music.

On the Carrot, I shot this scene out of sequence, and originally I wanted Farmer to reach over and grab it out of the chest. Unfortunately he couldn't reach so he just kinda, well, pulls it out from beside him.

Also, my Dad will be happy to hear you like his music! mini/bigsmile

mini/smile

Just a quick update: Like the first one, this video is now up on the official LEGO youtube channel: https://youtu.be/ipRi_BinCqU

mini/smile

Did you start out making these for LEGO or did they just ask if they could promote them?

This series is so good!  Keep up the good work!

I'm usually somewhat disturbed by piece cutting, but somehow the carrot eating feels rather fitting.  The texture of broken LEGO is remarkably similar to the texture of cut carrots.

GEF wrote:

Did you start out making these for LEGO or did they just ask if they could promote them?

I was sent a bunch of sets and asked to send back a link if I did anything with them. They were impressed with what I did, and asked if they could share it on their own channel.

Squid wrote:

The texture of broken LEGO is remarkably similar to the texture of cut carrots.

I know right? Andy Stein's carrot munching noises really sell the effect though.

mini/smile

yes, the voice actor should be complimented on delivering his line as if he were really chewing a carrot (I wonder if he really did). It is details like this that set things apart. I have no idea about Minecraft, but the story worked well even with having any background knowledge.