Topic: Logitech Webcam Software Issue

I've been using the Logitech webcam software that supports the C920 for more than a year now and everything has been running fine... until recently. I don't know why, but it has become extremely slow (I mean, taking over a minute to take one photo slow) and often becomes unresponsive. This is very frustrating especially when I'm about 2/3 of the way through a new film.

Does anyone know of any way I could fix this, or possibly a reason why this might be happening? Any help would be very much appreciated!

(Ps. I use a Dell XPS, running windows 8.1)

Re: Logitech Webcam Software Issue

I know with the C910, if you try to take a really big picture, it can take a while. (Especially in the Logitech Software)
But new shouldn't have that issue, right? Surely you've tried smaller picture sizes/updating the software/turning your computer on and off/Ect....?

Does it happen regardless of the camera plugged in, or does the one camera mess up on all computers?

Windows 8.1 shouldn't be giving it any trouble, have you tried finding an older version of the Logitech Software?
Any significant software updates on your computer, or any potentially virus-y programs installed recently?

I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the software. I personally haven't ever had problems with my c920 or LWS for the past 2.5 years, so I don't know what the issue could be. Like Pritchard suggested, you could also check for viruses.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

Try opening Windows Task Manager when the unresponsiveness occurs. Is there anything obviously using up your computer's resources?

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I tried almost everything to get this problem fixed. I've done a clean re-install of the software, restarted the computer multiple times, updated the software, the drivers and anything else that needed updating, run a full virus scan and removed anything I thought was suspicious, I've defraged and optimised the drivers, run troubleshooter, checked maintenance and fixed anything there, and I've tried taking pictures at a lower resolution but it doesn't seem to help at all.

I haven't tried using the camera on another computer yet, so I'll definitely try that. I don't think I've downloaded anything virus-y (if I had it would have come up in the virus scan anyway). I have opened task manager while using the software, but nothing really stands out as a major concern there. I've found that the software was getting slower over the course of the last month, so I might go back and check to see what I downloaded about about a month ago and see if its conflicting with the logitech software.

Again, thanks for your help. I'll keep you guys updated

So, let me ask this, are you using LWS for all your frame capture?
Is there another program you could use that works fine?
MJ can easily capture and save just one photo, though it has a lot more buttons to wade through to get there.

I hate to say "give up," and you shouldn't just yet, but if you can't fix it, is there a viable replacement?

Yes, I capture all my frames with the LWS

I have some good news. I don't know why, but whenever I launch the software from Program Files instead of the desktop, it runs a lot smoother - not perfect but definitely better. I'm not sure why launching the software from the desktop causes it to perform worse... any idea as to why this may be? I think for now I'll be able to just get by, but I hope I can solve the problem for good soon.

By the way, do you know of any free downloaded programs that I can use with my C920 and adjust settings with? (like manual focus, brightness, white balance, etc?)