Topic: Can I use frame capture software with my camera?

I have a Sony  DSC-HX100V (cybershot). This camera doesn't have firewire, only usb. Would it still be possible to connect this camera to a frame capture programme? I really want to use frame capture software so I can directly see the results. Right now I make all the picture and then I'll see if it looks right. A friend of mine had a camera with firewire, so he could use frame capture software. It makes stop-motion so much easier, so I'd consider buying another camera with firewire... I'm such a laic with this stuff mini/eek

Re: Can I use frame capture software with my camera?

Frame capture programs do not require firewire. Some programs may, but a lot of programs can use plain old USB to connect. I am unfamiliar with your camera, but you could try Helium Frog, MonkeyJam, or another type of program and see how it works.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: Can I use frame capture software with my camera?

You might be able to get a live feed via whatever video output the camera has. From here connect the camera to a HDMI to USB cable that is a capture card (like what video gamer YouTubers use). With this you would end up with a live feed that should show up as an option in all frame capturing software.

(Although I can't say I've tried this myself)

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator